Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:39 PM   #11

Welcome Tony, in Orlando!
I think you'll like your K7 a lot and the 55-300mm is one of my favorite lenses.
enjoy,

John, in Winter Haven.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:16 PM   #12

Ok, I have noticed one stuck pixel on the sensor. It's stuck on green. What is the penalty for using the pixel mapping function? I know it can't be reversed, but I know very little about it, and before I use it I was wondering what I'm getting myself into. Any insight into this would be great.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:22 PM   #13

John, yes I am loving this camera.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3dd View Post
Ok, I have noticed one stuck pixel on the sensor. It's stuck on green. What is the penalty for using the pixel mapping function? I know it can't be reversed, but I know very little about it, and before I use it I was wondering what I'm getting myself into. Any insight into this would be great.
Hi Tony,

There have been a number of situations where a stuck pixel has cured itself without any intervention over a short period of time with a new camera -- this has happened to me with a couple of different cameras. If you shoot RAW, most RAW processors can automatically map out the stuck one, otherwise, there are programs that will batch process hot pixels in jpgs.

Personally, I'd wait a bit before doing anything. If the hot pixel persists, then mapping it out with the function in the camera should have no noticeable l effects on your IQ -- I've done this with my K20 with no ill effects.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:58 PM   #15

Congratulations, tony. You've got a fine camera. If you're like the rest of us who have used the K-7, the more you use it, the more you'll like it. The more photos I see from the 55-300, the more I want it, even if there's no possible way I could justify it as many ways as I have the range covered already, lol. It really appears to be a fine lens. Look forward to seeing your pics.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:05 PM   #16

I hope to get out with the k7 this week end. Has anyone ever used the pixel mapping function? This one stuck green pixel is bothersome.