Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:14 PM   #11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested_observer View Post
...the edit does not provide the capability to attach an image....
After you click the Edit Button, click on the "Go Advanced" button and you'll see the more full featured text entry screen (including the paperclip icon that lets you attach an image to posts).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:18 PM   #12
Administrator

BTW, I like the photos from Ohio. My wife is from Ohio, so we get up there from time to time to visit some of her relatives (for example, her mother, now in her 80's, lives in Springfield, OH).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:23 PM   #13

You have a steady hand, if you didn't use a tripod with those long exposures - nicely done. I especially like the P-40 Warhawk and the Wright Flier, but all are very nice.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:09 PM   #14

Those are great!
Don't you just love the 12-24mm? I sure wouldn't give mine up!
Thanks for sharing.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:49 PM   #15

Thank you all very much. I used a tripod, panning ball head, L bracket, remote wired shutter release with a 2 second delay, as there was no way to hold the camera that still for such long exposures - all were at least 4 seconds with the vast majority around 6 seconds. Most all at f8 and a few at f11 and a couple at f16. I probably took about 250-300 images at the Museum. I knew that I was going to try to go to the museum, hence the tripod. I also took the 16-45 and 10-17 thinking that I might have some opportunities for some very close wide angle shots, but I only had limited time so I stuck with the 12-24.

It was a fun time after a few of days of very long business meetings.

The barn tour was another trip in and of itself. I was pulling away from the hotel and noticed a tree that still had its leaves in full color, so I pulled over, got out and started taking some pictures. A cab driver made some friendly comments about that being one of the last trees that had color, so in talking I asked where I could drive that would have the most barns. He very graciously gave me directions and some advice - so off I went for a very long round about drive to the airport. All in all a very enjoyable sight seeing trip after some long days doing business.

In retrospect, I should have taken a couple more of barns, but I did not want to slide into a drainage ditch or block the road, so I'll have better luck next time....

PS.... Jim - thanks for the response on how to attach images via the edit capability. I appreciate the lesson!

Last edited by interested_observer; Nov 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:59 PM   #16

Love the Spitfire (car version) and those airplanes in the museum. We have a very nice airplane museum up here and there are a few planes similar to the ones that my wife's Grandfather (early Canadian Bush Pilot) piloted.

Junkers Flying Boxcar, Bellanca's, Bristol Air Freighters, early Fockers (Universal I believe)...etc.

During the summer an old RCAF Lancaster Bomber made a visit to the museum. Unfortunately I wasn't there, but apparently when it fired up it was something to behold.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:18 PM   #17

Great shots of barns and planes of yesteryear, well done.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote