Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:30 PM   #21

Well, Marc, I don't dobt you have the skills to squeeze the best out of your frames in PP, but nevertheless I'm impressed with the IQ, being no less than the A*600 mm prime I've got. Simply amazing! This lens have come in the right hands...

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:21 PM   #22

Yellowstone next year? Hmmm - that's really interesting. Tempting, tempting. Don't know if I could swing it, but it's really tempting!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Duh..on the Exif. Guess I was so enthralled with the images, I failed to see the exif info at the bottom. In any event, that these were taken at f/5.6 makes it even more impressive!
No worries Jelpee!!

It's a phenomenal lens, no question. Once I decide on which Gitzo to keep, I'm even better off in terms of stability. I know the Giottos is a limit on what I can do right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
amazing pics from an amazing piece of kit
My honor to share kazuya! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
So glad you have this fine piece of equipment, so you can share more of the amazing creation! Your skilled hands and eyes are the best of the equipment! Thanks for sharing these here - I know you will also use them in many other venues, to encourage nature appreciation and protection.

Your titmice reminded me, I was watching a flock of them a few days ago in a large patch of kudzu. They were carefully opening the ripe pods and scattering the hulls - I had no idea they would eat kudzu seeds!!
Thank you Mole for the very kind words and I hope better images will come! BTW, that's an interesting feeding behavior by the titmice - opportunity presented itself so they took advantage of it.

I agree about the images - that's what it's all about: seeing nature's beauty and hopefully making people stop and think about what is going on. It's not the first nor the last time I'll be involved in the conservation effort! Appreciation of nature is critical to trying to maintain a balance (somehow).

Sincerely,
Marc

“The camera is only a tool: the image is the product of your mind and vision.”
Marc Langille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Nice images.

Patty
THank you Patty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
Well, Marc, I don't dobt you have the skills to squeeze the best out of your frames in PP, but nevertheless I'm impressed with the IQ, being no less than the A*600 mm prime I've got. Simply amazing! This lens have come in the right hands...

Kjell
Hello again Kjell! Hope you are doing well and thank you for the coments. It's truly the best zoom I've ever handled and photographed with, no question. I could have had one extra stop of light with the FA* 600/4, but too many other advantages went to the FA* 250-600/5.6: framing, composition, etc. can all be done before taking the shot so there's less to do on the computer in that regard. It's also easier to find the subject at 250mm and then zoom in to 600 as already mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Yellowstone next year? Hmmm - that's really interesting. Tempting, tempting. Don't know if I could swing it, but it's really tempting!
Well, I was more excited about going to Yellowstone than anything else...

Mid-summer to fall is the probable time frame for Yellowstone. I've not been there before but have access to local knowledge and I always scout an area for several days before any workshop, etc. It's important to know what's there, lighting, weather conditions, etc.

If all goes well, perhaps a sojourn to Australia and/or Africa within 2-3 years!

Regards,
Marc

“The camera is only a tool: the image is the product of your mind and vision.”
Marc Langille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:52 PM   #25

After looking in amazement at those superb photo's Mark.....I have to say.....that lens would look much better on my K10D!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:46 PM   #26

Marc, always a pleasure to have an opportunity to see your work. I've been drooling over that lens ever since you posted about acquiring it. I need to win the lotto. I would love to attend one of your workshops someday, your photography is inspiring.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:49 PM   #27
TGP

Wow absolutely stunning Marc. Not that I would expect anything less from you but again WOW. The clarity is amazing.
I would love to see you loose with all the wildlife here in Australia. It really is a nature photographers heaven.
Regards
Tony
TGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Langille View Post
THank you Patty!

Hello again Kjell! Hope you are doing well and thank you for the coments. It's truly the best zoom I've ever handled and photographed with, no question. I could have had one extra stop of light with the FA* 600/4, but too many other advantages went to the FA* 250-600/5.6: framing, composition, etc. can all be done before taking the shot so there's less to do on the computer in that regard. It's also easier to find the subject at 250mm and then zoom in to 600 as already mentioned.

Well, I was more excited about going to Yellowstone than anything else...

Mid-summer to fall is the probable time frame for Yellowstone. I've not been there before but have access to local knowledge and I always scout an area for several days before any workshop, etc. It's important to know what's there, lighting, weather conditions, etc.

If all goes well, perhaps a sojourn to Australia and/or Africa within 2-3 years!

Regards,
Marc
Fantastic Marc. If you bring it to Australia, keep a chain on it when your with Grant hahaha
Keithg is offline   Reply With Quote