Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Birds - Mostly at the Feeder (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/162686-thanksgiving-birds-mostly-feeder.html)

mole Nov 27, 2009 8:13 AM

Thanksgiving Birds - Mostly at the Feeder

2 Attachment(s)
Just a few bird shots between family activities at Thanksgiving. Mostly from our bird feeder, a few from near the park lake (family stroll...)
These cute little fellows were out sunning in a big sycamore near the shore.

mole Nov 27, 2009 8:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Kildeer at the shore again - not too shy today. Notice how far his vision can work - you can see his eyes from behind him!

mole Nov 27, 2009 8:17 AM

5 Attachment(s)
While we were enjoying family & feast, lots of birds were enjoying sunflowers in our front yard. Here are a few...

mole Nov 27, 2009 8:19 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Finally got some clear shots of our TN state bird (Mockingbird). He was very bold in defending his winter food supply - some wild rose fruit. Here are several poses - which do you prefer?

mole Nov 27, 2009 8:21 AM

Hope you enjoyed these feathered friends!
Will not be able to check back for several days - out on the trail with family...
But thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions!

bilybianca Nov 27, 2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mole (Post 1022901)
Just a few bird shots between family activities at Thanksgiving. Mostly from our bird feeder, a few from near the park lake (family stroll...)
These cute little fellows were out sunning in a big sycamore near the shore.

So with what do you feed your birds???? :sport-smiley-004:

Nice series, as usual!

Kjell

mtngal Nov 27, 2009 6:39 PM

I had the same thought as Kjell - what do you use for a bird feeder for your vultures? Your mockingbird shots are very nice. When you first look at them they look rather boring - just an average sized grey bird. They have such interesting details and eyes. Your pictures do a good job of capturing them.

mtnman Nov 27, 2009 9:51 PM

Great shots Mole. I've never thought of vultures as cute critters, but I'm sure they would beg to differ. I can't pick a favorite, but I definitely like the three with the bird facing toward the camera.

lesmore49 Nov 27, 2009 11:22 PM

wonderful pix...vulture pix...never seen them that close before....

Trojansoc Nov 28, 2009 7:39 AM

Your mockingbird shots are really outstanding. I like all of them, but I believe the third is my favorite. The expression and feather detail make it jump out. The mockingbird is also Arkansas' state bird, and they can generally be found in large numbers. They don't tend to visit my yard, but I can drive less than a mile to find them.

My first white-throated sparrows of the season made their appearance yesterday along with a flock of dark-eyed juncos, so I guess winter is truly on the way.

Paul