Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 29, 2009, 2:37 PM   #11

Hi GW

I cannot believe my eyes. It is just unimaginable to me that anyone would do this. As had been said before thank God You and the family were not home.
I wish you the Best and be on your guard as you replace these items.
If you Could afford it maybe a home alarm System, would be a good idea. Or maybe a Nice pit bull or Rot. LOL!!!

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 2:47 PM   #12

Only to echo what others have said - it is hard to believe there are such people in the world... Glad you & Linda were not there when all this happened.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 4:40 PM   #13

Thank you kindly for all your comments and well wishes, guys.
I appreciate you all so much.
Yes I'm putting an alarm system and considering a camera set up too but, it all takes money...
I'm finally getting over the shock and all those bad feelings one has when something like this happens. I should be back on line with my own computer in a short time, so I will be able to get back to my old sign in soon.
Once again, a big thank you to everyone.

GW

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:46 PM   #14

What horrible monsters there are, they will get theirs one day.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:57 PM   #15

What a mess! Pure vandalism - just plain meanness.

GW, Unless you forgot your password, I don't understand why you can't sign in to your old account. I used to sign in from my office computer before I retired. Unless there is something different with the new forum software, you should be able to sign in from any computer with internet access.

Glad to see you posting again.

Last edited by penolta; Nov 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:12 PM   #16

Hang tough my friend. Remember it was just things and not you or loved ones. Things can be replaced. You have my sympathies and prayers. Just remember it will pass and you will recover. Let me know if there is some way I can help.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:59 AM   #17

"[QUOTE=penolta;1023758]What a mess! Pure vandalism - just plain meanness.

GW, Unless you forgot your password, I don't understand why you can't sign in to your old account. I used to sign in from my office computer before I retired. Unless there is something different with the new forum software, you should be able to sign in from any computer with internet access."

I was wondering that my self.. I could understand with an old computer that was not updated butthen again whom knows whats up now days with all the BS that runs around in and out of every page and forum..... I sa it like it really is and yet I see a lot of garbage come back at me....makes me wonder if there are any real good people on line or are they really going bad for the devils sake?
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:29 AM   #18

I'm a bit oversensitive (or not?) because these pictures actually brought tears to my eyes. I cannot believe other human beings can be so evil and hateful. I am so sorry you went through that.
MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:38 AM   #19

That's terrible to see what those vandals did to your home. It's a shame that insurance won't cover most of your losses as well. I couldn't help but feel nervous about leaving most of my gear home when traveling this past Thanksgiving weekend; I actually took my laptop and some of my kit just in case!

Glad you were safe. Best of luck on rebuilding!

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:27 PM   #20

Well, I'm back on line now, thanks to a little help from my friends!
I still don't have a system that's able to run Photoshop so, I can't edit my photos until I get my desk top replaced but, I'm able to get on line now and keep up with what's going on.

To Penolta, and those who were wondering why I couldn't log in under my original name... it all had to do with owners of the computers I was using, they didn't want my account on there machine so I respected that. Now my other account will just fade away as I won't be using it anymore. It sure is good to be back!
Again, I want to thank all my friends
on the forum for taking the time to reach out to me during a very difficult time, You are the greatest!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote