Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:33 PM   #1

Default UPS just delivered early Christmas present...

WOW, when my daughter in Ca found out about the burglary, she knew just what she wanted to get me and she sent it early so I could enjoy it now. (she also new it would cheer me up) I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened up my new 28" LCD monitor! This thing is so huge, like sitting front of a big screen TV. Now I can really scrutinize your, uh I mean, my photos.
When I admonished her for spending too much money on me, she confessed it wasn't really that expensive and told me where she got it on sale. (that's my girl) anyway, I had to tell you the good news for a change and let you share in my excitement.
If anyone would like to have one of these for the great price of $249 and free shipping- take a look here... http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/WEM...WEM2096-_-post ... they have some really god prices on lots of things electronic.

well... I just looked at there ad, and its now going for $319 on there main page but, if you go to the link I provided it will take you to "Pink Fridays" sale page and its listed for the 249 price.
Happy Holidays everybody! oh boy oh boy!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:38 PM   #2
Administrator

Perhaps this entire ordeal is just a blessing in disguise. As the old saying goes, If it weren't for the bad, we wouldn't appreciate the good (and it sounds like some good is starting coming out of this issue).

Congrats on the new monitor!
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:09 PM   #3

Hi GW,

Wow! 28" is bigger than my main TV -- I wouldn't have room on my desk for that -- but I guess I could find a way. . .

And it cost less than my 4:3 19" that I bought just a couple of years ago. . . and I thought that was pretty big. . .

Warning! -- huge monitors may encourage extreme pixel peeping. . .

Congrats!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:44 PM   #4

That's fabulous! 28" LCD sure can provide LOTS of real estate for looking at pictures. And yes, huge monitors do encourage pixel peeping - you can get lost in a picture, far more than you can with even a 19".

Your daughter must really love her Dad.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:54 PM   #5

What a wonderful gift. I have a 15" laptop and 17" monitor on my desktop computer. I can't imagine what fun it must be to view your pics on such a huge screen.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:21 AM   #6

I was just looking at getting a 27" iMac for Christmas and yours is even larger, what a great gift.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:54 AM   #7

Sounds to me like there's an apple that didn't fall too far from the tree.

You are a truly blessed man, sounds like you were a pretty good dad.
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:04 AM   #8

That's a nice size monitor. Although, if i need to view things on a large monitor, I can always view them on my 42" 1080p tv through my htpc. Still, that is very nice of your daughter and it's always good to have family come to the rescue.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:50 PM   #9

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Jim, I think you're right.

Scott & harriet, You're not just kidding about pixel peeping, I can hardly wait to get a computer strong enough to run Photoshop again!

Ted, I couldn't imagine it either, sure is nice!

Tom, we just got an iMac at work with a 24" monitor and the quality is fantastic, I can only imagine the 27 would be mind blowing!

Faithful Pastor, I don't know about good but, at least forgiven. she is a sweet girl and I'm really proud of her.

Mike, I was thinking of using that excuse to buy a 42" now, I don't think I could convince the boss to go for it.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:11 PM   #10

Isn't Love wonderful.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote