Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:23 PM   #11

OK, guys.
I appreciate the feedback. Your tips are very helpful. Unfortunately I no longer have the RAW files from the past years worth of photos, they were all stolen along with the computer. I feel lucky to have a back up disk of jpegs for a portion of them.
Anyhow, this shot is nothing that is going to get printed, its just one of those "almost" shots that could have been...
Actually Linda got this one through the windshield as we were driving and I thought it was a pretty nicely composed for a spontaneous shot, so I thought I'd play with it and see what I could do with PP. Even with a RAW file I wouldn't have been able to sharpen it enough to save it but, its still worth the practice.
...So, this is what I came up with, what do you think?

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:45 PM   #12

Well, the lighting is much better, but the clouds you dubbed in look like they were shot from a different angle - I can't explain it, but they don't look like they belong there - maybe a late afternoon shot with a midday and/or overhead sky.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:01 PM   #13

I agree with Penolta; there's something not quite right with the clouds. Nonetheless, I like it a lot. It's a huge improvement over the original.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
I agree with Penolta; there's something not quite right with the clouds. Nonetheless, I like it a lot. It's a huge improvement over the original.
Well... you're quite right, that sky was shot almost strait up overhead, I didn't think it would be that obvious but, its hard to pull one over on you guys! I have better sky shots but the blue didn't blend quite as well. maybe I'll get a chance to try another one this weekend.
Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate the honest replies much more than you might think. That's why I ask here instead of asking my wife, she's more likely to say it looks good for fear of offending me and doesn't realize I need to hear the facts.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote