Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:13 PM   #1

Default New Year's Resolutions

I've made a couple of these that are camera-related.

The first is too participate more in this forum. I usually find I have a quick scan of the topics, followed by an even quicker read of one or two. But seldom get around to posting much.

Secondly, I must make time to review and process my photos sooner than I currently do. As an example, I was in Torremolinos, Spain in the last week of November. As usual I took one or two photos (OK so it was 700). And here I am now, still processing the raw files. I think a combination of fewer photos (I doubt I'd have shot 20 rolls of film) and more timely processing is needed.

And so far, so good. It's 10pm on the 2nd January and I am fullfilling the first resolution and haven't yet broken the second. The fact I haven't taken any photos this year is irrelevant.

Right, back to Lightroom
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:22 PM   #2

Oh no, there are two of me!!!

Being a boy of very little brain, I did wonder where my avatar had gone, and why my post count had dropped. The reason appears to be because I have 2 logins. I can only blame galloping senility

So another resolution:

USE THE CORRECT LOGIN

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 9:18 PM   #3

LOL! I know what you mean about processing pictures - I still have pictures from Sedona that I should do something about. I'm just not enthusiastic about them.

The more you put into something, the more you get out of it. So contributing more on this board will pay off with better pictures. So it sure sounds good to me!

I don't make New Year resolutions - I never keep them beyond a day or two. On the other hand, after my lousy pictures at Zion, I'm going to work at being more creative with my pictures. Look for the little things. Try to spot the unusual within the common. Make everything fresh again.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 9:53 PM   #4

I, too, need to process my photos quicker. I've spent a lot of today processing Christmas vacation photos, but still have ones from our trip to NJ earlier in the month. And, I know I've got whole trips from the past two years I've never gotten back to.

That is one among many things I should change this year or at least work on. Photography related and not

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 9:55 PM   #5
Super Moderator

My camera related resolution is to just shoot more. Too often I decide to forego a shoot if I know the conditions aren't conducive to the shot I want, rather than just making the most I have to work with.

I should be moving sometime in the spring as well, so I am sure that will be some newfound motivation as well.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:25 PM   #6

I typically don't make New Years Resolutions. Because........ I don't seem to keep them very long when I do.

However, I have made one, and only one, for this year.

Attempt to, at least, take one photograph per day of something without being too repititous..

Hopefully, if I can fulfill this resolution, my photography will improve over the next year.

I'm good for the first two days of the year.

Yesterday, I tried to take photos of our Christmas Tree before we took it down. I got a couple but they are not very good. Something to work on for this year.

Today/Tonight, I attempted to photograph the moon. Didn't work out well but gives me something to work on for improving my skills.

More at 11
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithw View Post
Oh no, there are two of me!!!

Being a boy of very little brain, I did wonder where my avatar had gone, and why my post count had dropped. The reason appears to be because I have 2 logins. I can only blame galloping senility

So another resolution:

USE THE CORRECT LOGIN
I thought it looked a little strange when I saw your post but, thought it might be another Keith out there.
Anyway, if JimC or billy sees this, they can combine both your logins and post to one account..
Good luck with your resolutions.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote