Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:08 AM   #11

Queyan - Thanks for your kind comments. That Ring-Billed Gull was very patient with this slow photographer, waiting for the sun to make a brief appearance...

Dustin - Thanks! The (brief) sunshine made a big difference for that gull shot.

GW - He sure does look fat! Just fluffed against the cold (it was about 10 degrees F at the time).

John - Thanks for your kind words! Actually I was carrying the 135-600 lens & heavy tripod at the time - but these bluebirds are so skittish this time of year that, even at 600mm, this was the closest I could get.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:23 AM   #12

Mole I like the Bluebird shot. The colors are much more vivid than the ones I took in late fall. Do you think your warmer temperature makes a difference in the colors?

I agree that they are very skitterish birds to photograph.

I have been back looking for them as I have been told that they winter here but have not seen them. We only saw one on our Christmas bird count.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:20 PM   #13

Lou - maybe all the bluebirds are here! That one was part of a flock of about 30 that have been hanging around one rather small part of the park, and we have plenty of others elsewhere. The male's color in the photograph looks just as he did to me "in person." Maybe it's a geographic variation, maybe it's a difference in lens color quality. Glad you liked seeing his picture!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote