Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
But is Samsung even DSLR business anymore? When was the last Samsung DSLR released? With their new NX10 that is 100% Samsung and the new propriety mount, it seems Samsung is on their own separate path now.
I saw 2 samsung dlsr on my last trip to Germany on display at Frankfurt airport, look almost like the pentax k-m and k-x with samsung on top.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:24 AM   #12
Administrator

You were probably looking at one of their older models (GX-1S, GX-1L, GX-10, GX-20). Of course, you never know, they could have been new models being field tested that haven't been announced yet.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:26 AM   #13

Allot of companies does demos of new product at frankfurt airport before they officially release it to the public do not know why. They had the new opel signa on display before opel even started to selling the car.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:41 AM   #14
Administrator

Interesting. I missed the "on display" part. Yea, could be. I haven't noticed any official announcements noting that Samsung and Pentax do not plan on continuing to jointly develop dSLR models. So, they may have been rebadged Pentax models like the K-x.

Samsung is one of the exhibitors at next month's PMA show. So, if they do have new dSLR models, they'll probably announce them there (if not sooner):

http://www.pmai.org/pma2010_home.aspx
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote