Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:15 AM   #11

mole, nhmom, cameanee,
Thank You very much for the kind words, Thank You all for the kind words. Now that I have shown my First pic's maybe I'll be able to settle down a bit and relax. I've been looking at all ya'll's Great photo's and was real hesitant on putting any of my own up since I'm so new to photography and have so much to learn, but, thru my readings of David D. Busch and this forum I have learned alot of very good information in just a couple of years. Again, Thank You all very much.
AZK6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:49 AM   #12

Nice work! #1 is my favorite. The 28mm looks like a nice size format for a walk about lens.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 3:07 AM   #13

Thanks Keltech,
I just got the new Sigma 28mm 1.8 EX DG for inside Low Light work as my house is rather small and up till now I have been trying to make due with my Pentax FA 50mm 1.4 because of the super photo's it produces. I got tired of having to stand in the next room to try to get everyone into the photo at Holiday meals around the table and such, Super Portrait lens though. The Sigma works out great for that and was suprisingly adapt on outdoors landscape type shots, at least a suprise to me anyways. My DA 50-200 Kit lens has always done me proud though. Yes, I think the same as you do Lou about a great Walkabout lens and will be doing just that, when it warms up that is. Till then me and my arthritis stay indoors, unless something like that Hoar Frost entices me away from my nice warm chair and heating pad. Again, Thanks Lou for the kind comments.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:21 PM   #14

i like the first one the best
nice details and angle
no way i would of even ventured out of the house
I would take it out the window or not at all lol
you can have some of our 43C (110F) if you want
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:55 AM   #15

Thanks for the comments Gumnut,
"you can have some of our 43C (110F) if you want" That is a nice warming thought to be sure, if I could I would. We just had 2 more straight days of this Hoar Frost, I thought it was an unusual event so thats why I ventured out to get those pic's, but it looks to be Not so unusual after all.
Oh well, it was some good photo practice anyways, and I got to try out my new Sigma 28mm f1.8 lens, thats the first photo (which by the way seems to be a f1.7, according to both my K100 Super and PhotoMe). Seems that I read that this lens tested out to be more like f1.66-67 which is a great plus since I initially purchased it for indoor-Low Light work. The longer I mess around with it the more Keltech seems to be right on the money with the notion that it would make a good Walk about lens. I figured out the Diagonal of my sensor to be 28.26 mm so that would make it my normal lens. I'm a Happy Camper.

Last edited by AZK6er; Jan 18, 2010 at 4:58 AM.