Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:24 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default My pet rooster disguised as...

...a seagull.

cock a doodle doo...

__________________
GW

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
nhmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 5,202
Default

Hilarious! I was wondering what I'd see when I opened this post from you.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:17 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 629
Default

What she said...

(assuming she's a she...)
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:50 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

LOL, Thanks guys, I was starting to think nobody appreciated my sense of humor on this one. Wish I could have added a sound track to it.
__________________
GW

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Keltech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Andover, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,178
Default

He is telling his friends that there's a french fries spill at the local Mickey D's. Now that's something to crow about! LOL

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
He is telling his friends that there's a french fries spill at the local Mickey D's. Now that's something to crow about! LOL

Lou
LOL! Lou you have no idea how close to the truth that is. There is a Mickey D's just half a block away and people come here all the time and feed the birds french fries.
__________________
GW

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:55 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
penolta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: California USA
Posts: 5,206
Default

Appropriately enough, it is a Ring-billed Gull imitating a Laughing Gull.
__________________
.
.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 629
Default

Actually ..being a wildlife expert that I am...this gull is female. Obviously she is talking to her mate...who doesn't appear to be listening. Hence we note the tense body language, and subsequent enlargement of the glossopharyngeal cavity.

This is very common to most species that mate and raise young...

However you'll note that in horses and other ungulates..it doesn't occur..since the male stallion place a minor role in the rearing process...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:37 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Lyrics51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
Actually ..being a wildlife expert that I am...this gull is female. Obviously she is talking to her mate...who doesn't appear to be listening. Hence we note the tense body language, and subsequent enlargement of the glossopharyngeal cavity.

This is very common to most species that mate and raise young...

However you'll note that in horses and other ungulates..it doesn't occur..since the male stallion place a minor role in the rearing process...
John,

The prophet says "Behold, you are making many enemies!"
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:51 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics51 View Post
John,

The prophet says "Behold, you are making many enemies!"
LOL....I do that sometimes...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.