Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:32 AM   #1

Default Jack Frost has been at it again

I thought that Hoar Frost was an unusual event, but 4 times in about a week ? It was a bit warmer this go around, 19 degrees yesterday morn'in.
I used my Sigma 28mm 1.8 exclusively this time. All are straight out of the camera, just resized to post. The vertical of the tree shows the line between blue sky and fog. Comments welcome, Hope Ya'll enjoy.

Attached Images

AZK6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:02 PM   #2

Again, very nice! I like the second one mainly because it shows how you can't always tell where the land ends and the sky begins, and the last one because I just love that type of picture.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:54 PM   #3

Very nice, I really like the last one too.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:34 AM   #4

Another fine frosty series - good capture of the range of tones! Perhaps #2 would be even better if you cloned out the power pole? Nice touch of blue sky in #3.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:13 PM   #5

All very beautiful. I'll let you take the photos of snow for now. I haven't had the umption to go out in the cold and capture anything this week. Mostly haven't had the opportunity while the sun (well, maybe) was out. Maybe more when it's not dark outside.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:08 AM   #6

mtngal,
Thanks for the comments, I didn't think about that when I took the second photo but will try to in the future. The last photo I took was a compromise of sorts, as I couldn't get as close as I really wanted to due to a steep decline from the edge of the road and about 5-6 foot deep snow. I really wanted down there next to the creek as I thought the possiblities of several creative shots were there for the taking. Even as we drove away I was regretting not getting better angles and more shots. I'm a beginner really, and worry that the answer Was there for me but didn't come upon the correct solution before I left.

Goldwinger,
Thanks for the kind comments as always.

mole,
Thank You sir. I don't like the thought of PP in the least, But you are right, I should have got rid of that phone pole and those wires, it would have made the photo more pleasing, and just plain better. I try to get my photo's good enough out of the camera to Not have to do any PP as I would rather spend that time with my camera and subject. I shoot .jpg, I have not gone to Raw capture as of yet with my K100 Super, again because of the way I feel about PP. I suspect that I will change my way of looking at PP as I become a more proficient photographer, like you and the others in this Forum

nhmom,
Thank You for the kind words.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:00 AM   #7

AZK6er - I agree completely - would much rather spend time outdoors than at a computer screen! And also believe that no amount of PP can take the place of careful use of the camera (and of eyes and brain). But a little PP can often make a good photo become a better one... Keep up the great work!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:43 PM   #8

Thanks again mole, I'll give it a shot when I get my system back up and running, I would be using Elements 2 since my own system is still using Windows ME. That should work out good for my purposes. Ya'll have a good one partner.