Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:30 PM   #21

Glad your weather was milder than the day before. We got home this morning in good order, but the conditions worsened after we got through. They closed the I-5 a couple of hours later. It's still snowing, we've had several inches since we got home this morning. We've lived up here 10 years, and this is the first time we've had so many day-time storms come through in the middle of the week. In fact, this is the first time I've taken more than one day off for weather in a season - up until this week fires had been our big commute interruption, not snow. All I could think about this afternoon, as we were digging out the Jeep (that got stuck in our driveway, no less) was the Johnny Cash song that's something about "3 feet high and rising" and then it's "4 feet high and rising" etc.

We live at a T intersection and they usually leave the snow from the other street in our front yard (we used to have a couple of cottonwoods there, but cut them down last year, so the piled snow covers the stumps, which is probably a good thing). The berm is now over my shoulder, as is the pile of snow I built up when digging out the Jeep.

There's supposed to be a Honda Fit in this frame somewhere, but all you can see is a hint of a roof line behind the berm.

At least we have power (there are those elsewhere who have lost power) and TV (as long as I wipe off the accumulated snow from the dish occasionally), along with internet service and a reasonably stocked fridge. Much better than being evacuated by a brush fire, or having the house slide down the hill when the San Andreas Fault (a mile away) lets loose. Hope I manage to get inspired and take some good pictures tomorrow.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
and it ain't over 'til it's over. . . .
And it ain't over - pouring rain and hail storms during the night, and it is still raining this morning. Snow level down to 2500 ft. This will continue until sometime tomorrow. and another will come in by Tuesday. NRFTW. Nothing to take pictures of here but puddles. EIE.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2010, 1:24 PM   #23

I was out this morning and the sun was out, blue skies, beautiful picture-taking weather for admiring the couple of inches of new snow. Figured I wait a while before shoveling the berm and driveway, thought perhaps the sun would melt it for me (it's not that cold). Of course, the weather didn't stay that way, it's now snowing again. Your weather sounds wilder than ours is.

If any of the new pictures are good, I'll start a new thread.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2010, 1:39 PM   #24

Wow Harriet, that's some storm! nice for photos though.
Hey, with a well stocked fridge and the internet and power to boot! what more could you want?

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2010, 1:52 PM   #25

Hey Penolta,
Wait a minuet, I'm confused... are you saying the world isn't flat?

Wow, ya learn somthin new all the time.

seriously... I'm still not sure about the climate change deal, it all depends who you believe. I do think we have a responsibility to to treat the environment with respect and not pollute it.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote