Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics51 View Post
Got together with a bunch of guys and went to the Detroit Auto Show. It was a bit smaller than in the past, but still had some great looking cars. Here are a few. All taken with the DL and the kit lens at 400 ISO. Most have been cropped to some degree and a few had the background voided of distracting things.

Hope you enjoyed the show. Wish I could afford the cars!

Glenn
Good show Glenn
Exposure right on. Seems that lighting was quite decent at iso400.
Hmm did you take images of some of the girls there?

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:32 AM   #22

Default My old TC

The old Morgan reminds me of the MG-TC '49 I once owned. Loaned it to my brother. He forgot to put anti-freeze in it, the night gotcold, cracked block not then replaceable. Broke my heart. Still love brother, though now deceased.
I got good enough to sound-tune those twin Lucas carbs, put steel mesh air cleaners on them, and what a beautiful sound they made when accelerating. Replaced with a MG-B coupe, not nearly as much fun, but loved it anyway.
My wife has let me keep a car pet most of our marriage (59 years). I think she reasons a four-wheel pet is better than a two-legged one. Now have 75 VW beetle, 34,000 mile, in show-room shape. Mostly, I just look at it, and dust it off now and then. Couldn't use a two-legged pet now, unless she can cook.
Anyway, if anyone would like to see Pix of most of my past pets, I will try to get them on this forum.
Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:40 AM   #23

Glenn - you said it was all the camera & lens - looks to me like it was your capable hands, eyes & brain! Great job in lighting & composition.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:24 PM   #24

Thanks for the comments. Daniel, there weren't too many young ladies with the cars. I guess the economic crisis has also hit the modeling agencies. The whole show was not all that big with very few concept cars and mostly cars available now. Still nice to see what folks do with steel, plastic, fiberglass and rubber! Someone ought to start a thread with what their favorite car of all time was, with a photo if available. Mine was a 1966 4 speed GTO, 389, 4 barrel, posi-traction rear end and Hurst shifter. Also had a vinyl roof which I haven't seen in a very long time! Happy driving everyone!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics51 View Post
Mine was a 1966 4 speed GTO, 389, 4 barrel, posi-traction rear end and Hurst shifter. Also had a vinyl roof which I haven't seen in a very long time! Happy driving everyone!
Glen

What You are describing Was my best friends car Back in the day. I like your idea about posting Your Favorite car!!

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:25 PM   #26

Would someone please take that poor Morgan to an optician!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:24 PM   #27

How about this?

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:28 AM   #28

These are really tasteful, eye catching captures, Glenn
I really appreciated the diagonal placement in #5 compositionwise. IMHO, you could further emphasize the red one in the middle by a little cropping off from the lefthandside and then selecting and slightly smart blurring the flanking ones, yet still retaning a complementary fore and background continuing the diagonal flow.
Just perfect job in #6 imo, and my special awards to #7
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote