Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:54 PM   #51

I agree with GW. Everyone Should Win !! However since there can only be one winner, My vote goes to Keltech.
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:20 PM   #52

I had originally come here tonight while at work to post a message that we had no power at home since late Thursday and the latest report had been it wouldn't be back on until Friday at the earliest. But, for whatever reason, it wouldn't let me post from work. But, a miracle happened and on my way home my hubby called and said the power had just come back on.

So, after days of no heat or running toilets (the luxuries of my life right now) I am back up and running. The house is still only up to 53 degrees after making it down to 43 this morning. I will come back later to vote when I'm a little warmer.

But, I wanted to say let's keep the voting open until Friday midnight (EST) and I'll count the votes and report after that.

Good luck to everyone. I've seen a lot of great images over the month and I hope everyone has enjoyed this challenge. I did find myself out in the car a lot this weekend taking photos (my real excuse to be in a heated place) and took a few panos along with lots of shots of the remnants of our storm Thursday afternoon. I took them in RAW so when I get the chance to process them I'll post. I've seen some amazing things the past few days.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:11 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
So, after days of no heat or running toilets (the luxuries of my life right now) I am back up and running. The house is still only up to 53 degrees after making it down to 43 this morning. I will come back later to vote when I'm a little warmer.
Patty
What a week! Glad to hear you are warming up, but look on the bright side - you have done your part for the planet and reduced your carbon footprint for a few days!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:25 PM   #54

Wow - you've certainly had a time recently! You must be a tough New Englander now - Californians would have abandoned the house for a hotel. At least when we were without power for a couple of days, it was Labor Day weekend and we could cook on the porch.

I'm not quite ready to make a decision and vote, but wanted to tell you how happy I am that things are looking up for you.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:05 AM   #55

I too am with Goldwinger. They should all win! They are all so impactful!

I went back and forth. Liked this from this one, liked that from that one.

In the end, my vote goes to daz (RE: rolling hills). That is one amazing capture.

Take care,
Glen
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:48 PM   #56

Patty, I'm very sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time. In December '08, we got hit by the ice storm and lost power for 24 hours, while you were devastated by that storm, and lost power for several days. Likewise, in my area of Vermont this most recent storm caused some downed branches, and we lost our power for about 6 hours, while once again, you got it much worse. I hope you warm up and get back to normal soon.

Very tough decision this month -- harder than usual, which is saying something indeed. After much hand wringing, I cast my vote for Daz's park scene.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:12 PM   #57

First time voting, I had every intent to enter but just couldnít get things together. Working on a netbook for awhile, no software, downloaded several but couldnít get them to work, then there was the no image I liked thing.

For me it came down to ntngalís west LA shot. I can feel all the work that went into that image, and keltechís lighthouse.

The dynamic range in both shots is amazing really adds to the images.

My vote goes to keltech ~ I have a thing for lighthouses, and I plan to visit and shoot many around the Great Lakes this summer.

Great shots all, I know how much work this was.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:37 PM   #58

Keltech's lighthouse gets my vote.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:02 PM   #59

A lot of great entries and a fine choice for the challenge this month.

I had a tough time choosing just one but in the end my vote goes to Glen for the challenging and nontraditional way of taking the shots and the difficulty in assembling it into a panorama.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:45 PM   #60

These are all good photo's. Great topic and a job well done to everyone. Thanks for posting!!

Stevie
StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote