Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:51 PM   #61

First, thanks for the well wishes about the power issue. It was a week ago today and when it started raining on my way to my volunteer job where I was last week during the storm, I was getting a little nervous. But, it just ended up being a light rain. Thank goodness~!

Penolta - We may have reduced our carbon footprint for a few days, but now we're making up for it cranking up the heat! No, actually, that was one of the problems keeping the house warm is that our temp is set at 60 at night and only 64 when we are home. So, we started out on the chilly side.

Harriet - That was going to be the discussion when I got home Monday before the power came back on. Buy a generator or go to a hotel. Unfortunately, I think both were going to lose out on my husband's count. He didn't want to be gouged by anyone buying one because we were stuck and the hotel would be difficult with our dog. So, I may be tougher than I was when we moved here 22 years ago, but I was voting for the hotel at that point

mtnman - Thank you. Yep, you have managed to miss both outages we've had. And, we had been having such a mild winter compared to some past. And, to think, it's not over yet!

Anyway, this was tough to decide on since so many images had their own fine features that amazed me. I finally had it down to Harriet's cityscape or Lou's lighthouse. Since I have a thing for lighthouses, my vote is going to Lou. (I think it should be one of your digital challenges for April at MVCC.)

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:40 PM   #62

I'm having the hardest time with these - there are just too many really good ones. There's more than 3 that I'd love to vote for. My husband wanted me to vote for downtown Mt. Shasta, but I'm going to vote for Lou's lighthouse.

And I forgot to answer Kjell's question - for matching exposure, you should shoot manual so it doesn't change across frames. If you are using CS4 to stitch the frames, it will automatically match color and exposure, so it's much easier.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:11 AM   #63

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the challenge this month. I've certainly found myself looking for panoramic shots as the month has gone on. I want to continue and do some more.

As many said, there were many great shots this month. Congratulations to everyone for accepting the challenge and doing so well with it.

The votes have been counted and Lou (Keltech) is the winner with his lighthouse. Congratulations on a great image! I told you it was a good one.

We anxiously await our next challenge.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:35 AM   #64

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Congratulations Lou!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:01 PM   #65

Congrats Lou!

I know this is a little late, but I've been tied up at the office. <grin>

Take care,
Glen