Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:05 PM   #11

As expected from you: top notch shots. I especially like the fungus and lichen pictures, very interesting colours and patterns.
Also very interesting sky phenomena in the geese pictures! What are these clouds called in English??

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:45 PM   #12
Super Moderator

very nice set mole, thanks for the "tour" enjoyed them.

i like the fog with the geese, gives it a very nice cold feeling

my favorite was BaysMtFallsFebFull_V1.jpeg i love the lead in from the stream to the falls. very nice.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
. . . not able to take a lot of photos. But here are a few wintry shots taken at odd moments between classes, etc.
Nice variety - It doesn't look like you missed too many opportunities - at least you certainly made the best of the "few" you had!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 4:34 PM   #14

They are all great Mole!
that poor little bird looks too fat to fly!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:52 AM   #15

Nice series Mole. The last waterfall picture is great. Hope you didn't get your feet wet taking it, looks like you were mid stream.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:07 PM   #16

All very nice, mole. I still wonder how you get so many keepers when you were "not able to take a lot of photos". Great job. I love the waterfall and the first two with the birds in the fog.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:56 PM   #17

Beautiful shots! It amazes me how you can keep posting these nature pictures looking so fresh and lovely. Love the foggy geese - such a wonderful feel to it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:39 AM   #18

Thanks so much for all the kind comments!

Hnikesch - They sure do look cute when fluffed up against the cold! That little chickadee was pecking at curled up leaves just a few feet above my head, but I was too slow to get any really good "action" shots. Glad he paused for a moment!

Kjell - Thanks so much! Lichens are amazing ("a fungus and an algae that took a likin' to each other") - have been trying to learn to ID more of them (very slowly). Our recent very damp weather really does bring out the colors. The Geese - do you mean the fog clouds in front of them, or the "snow-covered hillside clouds" behind them??

Dustin - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them! That waterfall is usually just a trickle - we are several inches ahead on rainfall already this year... Am hoping that road conditions improve enough for me to go check out some of the bigger nearby ones this weekend. (Trails are OK, but roads to the trails are too icy for my old truck lately).

Penolta - Thanks for your kind words! Ranger school is very important for us, but a lot more indoors than many of us are used to. It was a relief to get to roam outside a bit...

GW - Thanks! He's stuffed full of little "bugs," as well as fluffed up...

Lou - Thanks! Yes, was in mid-stream, but there's a little footbridge that helps.

Patty - Thanks for saying so. You should see how many photos were deleted! One nice thing about the K-m (compared to the old Powershot I used for so long) is how many photos you can take in just a little time!

Harriet - Thanks - I am blessed to live & work in some lovely places!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Kjell - The Geese - do you mean the fog clouds in front of them, or the "snow-covered hillside clouds" behind them??
I was thinking about the snow-covered hillside clouds. As I am interested in and even teaching meteorology I found them most fascinating. So many things you have in America that we never get to see in the Old Continent!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote