Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:57 PM   #1

Default European Pentax Users???

Are there any European Pentax owners in this forum that have bought their cameras from Pixmania??? I cannot figure out why the Pentax K-7 and various lenses are cheaper when I look the Ireland/UK pixmania websites than they are when I open the Finnish website... I live in Finland... but it seems I can buy the Pentax K-7 and certain lense for a much better price.

Does anyone have any ideas why there are different prices.. OR, is it even possible that I can order from the other pixmania sites... If I can save a hundred euros... well, it sure would be great.

Also, if you have bought a camera from pixmania, let me know what you thought of their service. The seem to have the best prices I can find. If I go to a store here in Finland, I will have to travel far (there goes petrol), and the cost is higher...

Thanks for your help.

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:33 PM   #2

not a currency or tax issue?
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:20 PM   #3

When I check the Finnish site has the lower price (body only). There must be some rebate, because on the Irish site a body+18-55mm lens cost less (!) than the body only, while on the Finnish site the kit price is slightly higher than body only (Ireland EUR1101 body only/EUR997 kit, Finland EUR949 body only/EUR979 kit). The prices on the Swedish site (SEK) correspond well with the Finnish. But Scandinavian photo has the same weird pricing as the Irish Pixmania.
Guess it's all in the hands of higher powers and not meant for us humans to understand. What is the VAT level in Finland?

Kjell

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
When I check the Finnish site has the lower price (body only). There must be some rebate, because on the Irish site a body+18-55mm lens cost less (!) than the body only, while on the Finnish site the kit price is slightly higher than body only (Ireland EUR1101 body only/EUR997 kit, Finland EUR949 body only/EUR979 kit). The prices on the Swedish site (SEK) correspond well with the Finnish. But Scandinavian photo has the same weird pricing as the Irish Pixmania.
Guess it's all in the hands of higher powers and not meant for us humans to understand. What is the VAT level in Finland?

Kjell

Kjell
Hejsan, Kjell och tack! Yes, the Swedish site corresponds well with the Finnish site... but the other prices with certain lenses, at least the ones I am interested, are different. I wonder if when it is time to order my camera if I should call pixmania in Ireland or what... don't know. Perhaps I should send them an e-mail. I live in Finland but Finnish is not my language, too jok'n hard.

You ask what the VAT level is in Finland, it is either 22 or 22.5 % I presume it is the smae in Sweden???

Thanks for your help.

Ned
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
not a currency or tax issue?
I only wish it was JUST that. Not sure.

Thanks.

Ned
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
I wonder if when it is time to order my camera if I should call pixmania in Ireland or what... don't know. Perhaps I should send them an e-mail. I live in Finland but Finnish is not my language, too jok'n hard.
No matter from where you order your Pixmania camera, it'll be sent from France! Pixmania have mixed customer reviews, the main complaints being that some items are delivered only with a manual in French, that they add items and insurance in your basket if you don't actively uncheck the boxes, that packaging is poor and that they are hard to get hold on if something is not to satisfaction. But many buyers are very satisfied, and they are no doubt the cheapest seller online.

Agree on the Finnish language, perkele!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:15 PM   #7

Hi Kjell,

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. Ah, I see you know a little Finnish... Well, Swedish is my second language as I studied in Stockholm... my oldest son lives in Umeå.

Today was quite pleased to find a Finnish camera store that has a really excellent deal on Pentax K-7 kit... It is really great, I could save about 50 euros. The SMC DA 40mm... will I might get that from the Pixmania... they can give me an instruction book for that in French... no matter. Really, I am happy about the deal I found today... Can hardly wait till March or April to get the camera... Saw some really neat photo taken with the DA 40mm Limited lense... they were sharper and better all around that I imagine.

Hope all is well with you. Take care and all the best.

Tack, tack och har det så bra.

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland