Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:16 PM   #11

Great Shots BigDawg, I love the bridge and the bird shots a lot... and hey we still use Guinness when cooking brats and some chicken and bread though it tends to make the bread heavy a bit it still is great toasted.... try the brats ya soak them in the brew then cook them in the same brew and then take them out and roast over the grill and presto yummy....I am listing brats this has got me wanting brats... wondering if I could get some rocky mt oysters from the meat market in town or will I have to order it they would taste as good as brats... I only shop once a month but for milk and that will stop as soon as I get a goat that gives milk.

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Feb 21, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Great Shots BigDawg, I love the bridge and the bird shots a lot... and hey we still use Guinness when cooking brats and some chicken and bread though it tends to make the bread heavy a bit it still is great toasted.... try the brats ya soak them in the brew then cook them in the same brew and then take them out and roast over the grill and presto yummy....I am listing brats this has got me wanting brats... wondering if I could get some rocky mt oysters from the meat market in town or will I have to order it they would taste as good as brats... I only shop once a month but for milk and that will stop as soon as I get a goat that gives milk.
Thanks...I love brats but hold the mountain oysters and the goat milk...LOL
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Wow, Ed! The Photo says it all!!! great.. and thanks for the info about the Anti-Shake and when to turn it off... that is good to know...

Ah, so your in to cigars and beer. I love "bitter beer" (don't let the name fool you)... that I had ALL the time back in England... but I get the good stuff at an Irish pub here in town... I enjoy a good cigar... and my wife makes the best "Steak and Guinness" pie in Finland. Yes, we use Guinness in food whenever possible.

Take care and all the best.

Ned
Hold the bitters for me Ned. I drink Icehouse beer. Not as flavorful but I never get a headache with it either. LOL

Last edited by bigdawg; Feb 22, 2010 at 8:23 AM.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
I just noticed the bird photos after your patio-photo set up... spot on pictures, Ed... I love the second one... so that picture was also taken with your 50-500mm... amazing!!! One really can appreciate the details of the feathers... colour... Amazing pictures, Ed.

All the best.

Ned
Those are close to 100% crops of the original photos Ned. Mainly to show the resolution the Bigma is capable of.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:23 AM   #15

100% Man, you've got one good lense there...
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:17 PM   #16

Ed, I can see you take advantage of your immobility to get too good service from MaDawg.
The cardinal closeups are amongst the best I've seen from you, maybe you should spend even more time in that rocking chair?

Ned, what do you think of Lapinkulta?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
Ned, what do you think of Lapinkulta? Kjell
Lapinkulta... I would answer that question in a humorous way, but my sense of humorour might be too much for those who don't know me very well. Kjell, I don't normally do Finnish beer... There is nothing like a slightly cooled bitter beer, drawn from the bottom of keg... sitting around a table eating English finger-sandwiches... Irish beer is good, too, especially with a Cornish pasty with brown sauce. By the way, one of many things I like to photograph is food...

Kjell, it's getting closer and closer til I get my tax return... Then it's off to Pentax K-7 city (Then it's time to buy a Pentax K-7)... All of these photos I keep seeing just get me going.

You take care and all the best. (Har det så bra).

Oh, one more thing, Kjell... My Finnish wife just heard a rumour that Sweden defeated Finland in the Winter Olymics Ice Hockey... I think all Swedes residing in Finland are staying indoors tonight!

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:14 PM   #18

Ned, Sweden made more goals but I'm not sure who won. "Winning" means Sweden will go to playoff against Canada and Russia, while Finland will have to take on Latvia and US. Go figure...

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
Ed, I can see you take advantage of your immobility to get too good service from MaDawg.
The cardinal closeups are amongst the best I've seen from you, maybe you should spend even more time in that rocking chair?

Ned, what do you think of Lapinkulta?

Kjell
Thanks Kjell. I will do that in about 5 years now. I can't retire till I'm 66 years old.