Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:59 PM   #11

Well done Penolta!

These appear to be either a member of the Coprininus or Panaeolus Family, both of which have blackish brown spoor prints. The principle difference in making the identification is that Coprininus mushrooms deliquesces, and turn to ink.

Most (but not all) Coprininus are edible (Shaggy Manes), while Panaeolus are all declared to be poisonius - Actually the poison in question is Psylosybin...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Well done Penolta!

Panaeolus are all declared to be poisonius - Actually the poison in question is Psylosybin...

Dave
Thanks Dave and thanks for the info - I might guess these little nocturnal ephemeral guys are either too easily overlooked or too insignificant to appear in the guides. I'm not adventurous enough to taste one to find out, but they must be hallucinogenic (the psylocybin), because I posted a reply to your comment, and it disappeared, just like the one you posted in the shorter one in the close-up forum that also disappeared! Makes me wonder . . . .
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:28 PM   #13

Thanks for posting this beautiful series, Penolta! As usual an interesting educational component included in the thread as well. And no, don't taste these at home, kids!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:29 PM   #14

Great series of photos, Pen, as as usual, I earned something new. I especially like the tiny shimmering water droplets on the first one.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Great series of photos, Pen, as as usual, I earned something new. I especially like the tiny shimmering water droplets on the first one.
Thanks, mtnman. I don't know what the glistening hair-like projections are, but they are way too small to be water droplets, and are some kind of structures.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote