Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:15 AM   #1

Default Interesting new K7 review

This review was done Feb 26th, and claims to have a better control over noise.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Ca...entax-K7-12984
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:07 PM   #2

Hello tony3dd! Many thanks for this great link! I am planning to buy a Pentax K-7 either at the end of this month or sometime in April. Interesting article! Thanks.

All the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hello tony3dd! Many thanks for this great link! I am planning to buy a Pentax K-7 either at the end of this month or sometime in April. Interesting article! Thanks.

All the best.

Ned
I have the K7, and just love it. Great camera! Love the features, handling, and auto white balance is top notch. Oh, and the 100% viewfinder is a real plus also. I'm sure you will be happy in you decision.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:20 PM   #4

Many kind thanks, indeed.

All the best.

Ned
Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:59 PM   #5

Interesting review Tony, thanks

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3dd View Post
I have the K7, and just love it. Great camera! Love the features, handling, and auto white balance is top notch. Oh, and the 100% viewfinder is a real plus also. I'm sure you will be happy in you decision.
Hiya! A question about Pentax K-7's, since you have one, please. Someone has written that the K-x has a better autofocus than the K-7. Is this really true. Can't imagine the K-7 having a worse AF.

Thanks and all the best.

Ned
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:04 PM   #7

Can't comment on the Kx, but 'm totally satisfied with the auto focus of my K7. It seems to be very accurate even in low light so long as your subject is within reach of the assist light. Spot focus is very precise, and fast. I'm more than happy. I think the real shinning aspect of the K7 is it's outstanding Auto White Balance. Hands down the best I have ever encountered on a digital camera! I find the handling to be excellent. The build quality leaves you with the sense that your holding a truly precision piece of gear. There are more features than one could ever hope to have. Well, except one. If the K7 had a 16:9 aspect ratio I would consider it a 10. As it is I rate it 9.5 outstanding. As far as the low noise stuff is concerned, it hasn't been an issue for me whatsoever. I do have Noise Ninja, and have yet had to use it. I feel it's totally acceptable up to 1600.
Attached Images

Last edited by tony3dd; Mar 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:13 PM   #8

Many thanks for your prompt reply, indeed, and especially your reasuring words about the Pentax K-7. I just found a deal in the UK that will sell one for 656 euros. When I first started tracking prices here in Europe, it was 1000 euros.

One more thing, and only if you have a moment... this is very simple. I want to pick out a lense. I know of 3 lenses I have my eye on... but, I would like to get opinions of others and NOT bias their judgment with the 3 lenses I have in mind. If you have a quick second, could you go to the following link, and tell me which lense you think would be good for the Pentax K-7. Many thanks if you can... if you can't, not to worry. http://www.nultec.net/search.php?search=Pentax

All the best.

Ned
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:24 PM   #9

Another question tony3dd: what lens are you using in the last picks?
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:55 PM   #10

Nothing real special about the lenses I used. They were the kit DA 18-55mm, and the DA 55-300mm. For the money these are excellent lenses. If I could afford it I would buy the sigma 50-500mm. I have heard very good things about it from people in my photography club. For the short lens, again if I could afford it I'd get the Pentax 16-50 DA star f2.8.