Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:12 PM   #1

Default Pentax K-7 cited as compelling package

In a head-to-head review (Digital Photographer, issue 92) of the Canon 7D and the Nikon D300S, Nikon scored 8/10, Canon 7D 9/10... then it cited the Pentax K-7 as rang-topper with 14.6 stlls and HD video. "Provides reams of creative potential in one compelling package." What is also noteworthy is that the Pentax's score was also 9/10. Yes, of course there are some real difference... but it is obvious that Pentax proves to be contender.
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
In a head-to-head review (Digital Photographer, issue 92) of the Canon 7D and the Nikon D300S, Nikon scored 8/10, Canon 7D 9/10... then it cited the Pentax K-7 as rang-topper with 14.6 stlls and HD video. "Provides reams of creative potential in one compelling package." What is also noteworthy is that the Pentax's score was also 9/10. Yes, of course there are some real difference... but it is obvious that Pentax proves to be contender.
Yeah, and there was also a review in shutterbug magazine comparing the Canon 50D & Pentax K7. They were very close in performance with the 50D excelled slightly in auto focus and frames per sec but, not by much. I also like the color produced by Pentax better. noise was controlled better in the Pentax also.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:53 AM   #3

Very good, indeed. The camera market is so different these days... I know that Canon and Nikon are two major players, but it is good to see Pentax proving itself after all these years... even other companies, not really "known" as camera makers have shown some pretty good products on the market. Thanks for the info above, GW. All the best. Ned
Old Mar 5, 2010, 2:26 PM   #4

Hmmm I love my K7 but as good as a 300s or 7D ? I think not. Different league price wise too !
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 3:28 PM   #5

Hiya! I don't recall the article saying that the Pentax K-7 is "as good" as these two models, but simply as "compelling package". I noted that there are some real differences. But it is good to read that it worthy of consideration. All the best. Ned
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Ned here is another comparison comparing weather sealed cameras.

http://www.neocamera.com/feature_com...aled_dslr.html
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:35 PM   #7

Hi Ed! Thanks for link, I just finished reading it. I am pretty convinced the I have to have a WR camera for this brutally cold climate. Thanks again. Hope all is well with you and yours. Ned
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Ed! Thanks for link, I just finished reading it. I am pretty convinced the I have to have a WR camera for this brutally cold climate. Thanks again. Hope all is well with you and yours. Ned
I thought the WR camera and lens would be the best for your weather conditions. Nice to know your camera and lens are not bothered by the weather.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:24 PM   #9

Quote:
The site that Bigdawg referred to for that interesting weather-sealed camera comparison also picks the K7 over these same two cameras. They also picked the K-x in a different category.

http://www.neocamera.com/feature_best_cameras_2009.html
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:14 AM   #10

Yes, it is a great article... Fancy the K7 doing so well among such powerful contenders. Ugggg. I just keep waiting and waiting till my tax return comes. Thanks, penolta.

Ned