Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:46 PM   #31

I've been struggling with deciding between Lou's city scene and Glen's bubble. I'm going to have to choose Glen's bubble. I keep exploring all the features of it.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:07 AM   #32
daz

I am going with Glen's bubble.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 1:53 PM   #33

I like Glens bubble too but, unfortunately it doesn't qualify under the 90 day time period.
And, I love Lou's John Hancock building, its a dead tie between that one and Patty's. As hard as it is, I have to make a choice...So, I'm going to go with Patty's because Lou just won last time.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:16 PM   #34

Very nice reasoning. A hard decision it was indeed. I was really trying hard to find a decent shot to submit for what would be my first entry.

Im sure Ill have tons of great reflective shots I take this month :-D

Wonderful shots everyone, I look forward to next months challenge
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
I like Glens bubble too but, unfortunately it doesn't qualify under the 90 day time period.
GW raises a valid point.

When I read Glen's statement I took it that Gen had used the ball in a previous challenge not this same image. No exif data is available so I will leave it to Glen to let us know if he took this picture within the last 90 days as the rules require or if this is indeed an older picture recycled.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
When I read Glen's statement I took it that Glen had used the ball in a previous challenge not this same image.
Lou
Not to take anything away from the quality of the shot, I took it the same way, so it had no effect on my vote.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:46 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
GW raises a valid point.

When I read Glen's statement I took it that Gen had used the ball in a previous challenge not this same image. No exif data is available so I will leave it to Glen to let us know if he took this picture within the last 90 days as the rules require or if this is indeed an older picture recycled.

Lou
It was the same ball as before but the shot was taken the 31st of this month! Sorry for the mix up.
Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:13 PM   #38

Thanks for the clarification, Glenn - that's how I interpreted your post also. And I'm having a tough time deciding between the crystal ball and Patty's building. I love Patty's shot and had figured that it would take quite a picture to compete against it. Then you had to go post that ball and really mess with my mind. I figured this month I wouldn't have any trouble making a decision, but both shots capture my imagination. They are so different. Both really fit the topic. Oh dear, do I HAVE to make a decision?

I'll go with Patty's building because I really do love the lines.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:20 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics51 View Post
It was the same ball as before but the shot was taken the 31st of this month! Sorry for the mix up.
Glenn
I'm so sorry Glen, I thought you were saying it was the same photo from a couple years ago. Now that I'm set strait... can I change my vote, or should I stick with whats done? I a bit embarrassed and confused.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:04 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
I'm so sorry Glen, I thought you were saying it was the same photo from a couple years ago. Now that I'm set strait... can I change my vote, or should I stick with whats done? I a bit embarrassed and confused.
Not to worry GW! It's all for fun and I liked Patty's, too!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote