Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:02 PM   #1

Default Window Reflections

Lou's topic is perfect timing for me. It just so happens that I've been looking at reflections in windows this month. I may enter one of these, but I want to see what else I can find this month. There are so many neat ideas I can come up with for this subject, I love it!

Lunch-time walk found me looking at these windows:

Another day found me on top of a parking structure just before the sun came up:

I might enter one of the last two into the challenge, if I haven't taken something else.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:54 PM   #2

Wow, these are great Harriet!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 7:17 AM   #3

Great shots Harriet and glad they fit so nicely into this month's challenge.

I like the last shot of the sun on the Wachovia building best (great drama), followed by # 2 that has nice repetitive reflections.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:14 AM   #4

Nothing like setting the bar height for the rest of us, Harriet.
really nice shots!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:32 AM   #5

Those are my favorites also - the last especially so. The first one was more as a lead-in to the second one, I wasn't sure it would stand alone without some explanation. The third was more to give you an idea of just how early morning it was - the sun was still below the horizon.

GW - I didn't so much set the bar, I thought Lou did a good job of that with his picture. This is going to be a very fun month!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:27 PM   #6

These are great Harriet. I actually prefer the first one to the second. You can see more of the building across reflecting in it. And, the last one is great!

I love this topic, too. I've already got something in mind to go reshoot with my Zenitar 16mm. I'll just have to figure out the best time of day to be there when no one is in the building.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:48 PM   #7

Well done beautiful colours and reflections so well captured.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:19 PM   #8

Thanks, Rodney and Patty! You'll have great fun with the fisheye and reflections - all kinds of interesting ideas with that one.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:50 PM   #9

Nice opportunity - the early bird gets the shot! Actually, I prefer the first of the sunrise pictures, as the wider view provides more context. Keep watching the building for a followup, as the sign will be changed to Chase, which has acquired Wauchovia - then you can chase the sun!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:33 PM   #10

It won't be the first time the name on that building changed - I can't remember now what name used to be on it (and I'm too lazy to look back and find out as this is not the first time I've taken pictures of the building, though the first ones weren't as brilliant).

You and Patty have brought out why I took all 4 shots - with the medical plaza building the first one is about the reflection, while the second one was more about the building itself. With the Wachovia building the first one is about contrast and early morning while the second one is about color. That's exciting to me - that I've managed to do more than show a pretty picture, the picture has "communicated" what I wanted. I'm usually good at pretty pictures, recently I've been stepping out of my comfort zone and trying all sorts of new things (many that didn't work) - it keeps photography a fresh, exciting and fun hobby. And there's SO much more to try.