Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Despite many fallen trees, and thanks to many hard-working trail volunteers, the trails are all in great shape for spring hikers.
Wow, neat trail... It will be about 2 months before the snow is gone, and Spring has come into being.. and everything is green... You would really enjoy the Finnish would planks that take ya for miles... it is so quiet, the silence is loud. Well, these are great pictures. Everytime I sit down and log onto this forum, I really wonder what I will see next. Never without any great surprises. Nice work. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
I don't usually photograph waterfalls in the sunshine, but just had to go check out nearby Laurel Run Falls (just up the river from the bend). Had never noticed the rainbow in the falls before - another blessing of this sunshine!
Water looks spot on to me! Really realistic as far as its flow rate. Very beautiful scenes. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:49 PM   #13

Once again, you're blowing everyone away with these great shots Mole. the clear blue skies are sure pretty along with the reflections in the water. great lens, makes me want one!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:48 PM   #14

Very lovely photos. Really like the rainbow in the falls. You live in a beautiful area.
tundraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:48 PM   #15

Excellent, as always Mole.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:43 PM   #16

Ditto mtnman. Excellent shots.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:51 PM   #17

I did enjoy your images but I don't feel qualified to critique, Very nice shots

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:29 PM   #18
Super Moderator

these are just lovely mole.

I absolutely love the first 2 shots. and then the bird shots from you are always great.

thanks for sharing your visions.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:54 PM   #19

Mole,

Wonderful shots, especially pleasing to me are the waterfalls, but I am partial to them. They are all excellent. I always look forward to your postings. I just got off of a plane in Detroit after a 3.5 hour ride, and drove an hour, so your shots made my day.....

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:51 AM   #20

Ned - once again I am humbled by your too kind comments! To answer your question - most of my bird photos are taken with a (very old, beat up and scratched up) Pentax A* 300 F4. Some taken with a (very old but in good shape) Pentax 135-600 F6.7, and a few with an old Pentax A 70-210 F4. These bird photos were taken at the feeder, quite close (perhaps 4 m??). As the birds "line up" for their turn at the feeder, they tend to choose specific perches. By pre-focusing at these perches, I am ready for the next feathered friend... No, I don't really catalogue my photos (probably should), just try to name them something descriptive enough so I can find them again...

GW - Thanks so much! That lens does seem to do very well capturing these bright sunny days. We're expecting lots of rain next few days, will have to see how it does in the grey weather...

Mtnman & Patty - Thank you for your kind words!

Hans - Please do feel free to critique! You are certainly qualified!!

Dustin - Thanks so much! I have passed that farm numerous times, just never took the time to stop & snap the shutter... Will have to try it again under some other lighting conditions.

Interested_Observer - So glad you are back safe from all the travels, and also glad these photos could add a little to the relief of a safe return...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote