Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:41 PM   #1

Default Study of a Chapel

A few weeks ago I went over to the coast to photograph this small chapel that has always intrigued me. Some day I will call the number and ask if I can get inside.

That is the Atlantic Ocean in the background. This has always seemd the perfect place for a spring wedding.

Here are a few of the images. The rest may be found at http://nhmom50.zenfolio.com/p757677379 (At least I think this is where they will be. I'm new to Zenfolio.)

Patty
Attached Images

Last edited by nhmom; Mar 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:46 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Patty,

Nice study, i like the fisheye perspective in these. I really enjoyed #2-#5, the looming shadows from the trees and interesting angle to the sun made those very interesting.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:01 PM   #3

You responded before I could get the images attached here. Had to reboot my laptop.

Thanks, Hards80. By the time I got there in the afternoon I almost turned around when the sun was so low in the sky. But, I kind of liked the shadows on the building. And, the moon was high up in the sky. You can see it in the third image here.

Some of these were processed through PTLens, but some I left as shot. The two that are similar shots were taken for Harriet. One with the 18-55 kit lens at 18 and one with the Zenitar. I don't notice that much of a difference in brightness on my laptop or on the web page. I was frustrated at first that the images display quite small, but realized if you click on the image it displays nearly full screen.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:46 PM   #4

Delightful pictures - a very interesting building. I think the fish-eye works well with it.

As far as your kit/Z comparison - I don't see much difference in exposure (there is a bit, but not enough to change anything), so it looks like the K20/Z combination is going to be more reliable than the K20 and my 24mm 2.8. There's more of a difference in color - it's not huge, but that's what I noticed as I went back and forth between the two. The kit lens one is a warmer picture than the Z.

By the way, since you are new to zenfolio - did you notice that there's a tab that you can see the exif information, and the very nice fact that they don't strip out the exif from the file (so that it shows up here, also)?

As far as shadows - I've been looking at shadows recently (and haven't quite figured out how to photograph them the way I want yet). Yours are very nice, they add to the picture but don't hit you over the head. And the light is nice at that time of day.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:45 AM   #5

I like these Patty. Please..please say you'll go back in the spring or summer and shoot this again.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
I like these Patty. Please..please say you'll go back in the spring or summer and shoot this again.
My words exactly.... These are great shots! First one is my favourite. Many thanks. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:15 AM   #7

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nice series Patty! The only thing that would make these better would be some foliage on the trees--guess you're going to have to go back when the Spring blooms arrive!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:57 AM   #8

Great study of a great location - looks like both lenses are working well in your capable hands. I especially like the first one - the frame of tree limbs and the curve of the fence...

Just curious - is this still an active church meeting location?
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:08 AM   #9

Patty - Great series. They look so much better seeing them as full shots than they did when you showed them to me on the K-20 at the MVCC club meeting.

Is this chapel in Rye, NH?

I like your Zenfolio site. I have been contemplating joining as I will need a place to park my images for others to see and this looks like the best solution I have investigated. I'll talk to you about it Wednesday.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:29 PM   #10

I like these Patty, very interesting architect.

BTW, thanks to Harriet I'm also on Zenfolio and really like it. just paid for my second year subscription.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote