Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:54 AM   #1

Default Sunshine & Wings

Yesterday was an incredible springlike day - high in the mid 60's F and much sunshine. Of course I was out on the trails a lot - sharing nature with children and repairing some erosion problems... (and did bring the camera along!)

Here's how the day started:
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:57 AM   #2

Our resident not-too-shy GB Heron was also enjoying the morning sunshine. I took LOTS of photos (may post some more at the Wildlife section). Here are a few samples:
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:58 AM   #3

When he finally got irritated at the noisy. nosy photographer and took off, I tried to get some BIF shots - not very good, but best for me so far... Let me know what you think of these...
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:59 AM   #4

Small birds were also out enjoying the sun and warmth. This Song Sparrow let me get quite close.
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:01 AM   #5

On the way out to the trail repair work, noticed how nice some of our local barns are looking in the sunshine. Which of the two views of the second barn do you prefer?
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:03 AM   #6

And one more set of wings... It got warm and bright enough yesterday that some of our overwintering butterflies were out on the wing! It took several minutes of stalking to sneak up close enough to this Eastern Comma.
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:04 AM   #7

Next few days we are expecting plenty of rain - great for all the new life waking up to spring, but not great for taking the camera out. I have a raincoat, but the camera does not...

Thanks for any comments/critique/suggestions for improving!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:10 AM   #8

mole, I like both of these... yet I like the second in terms of system of thirds... but the first, wow, love light... reflection!!! Mole, look at the first one... a hair more sky..and make it into a panorama... just above the tip of the rocks in the foreground... something like this... (I sure hope you won't take offence as my cropping your photo...it is just and idea) this is just an alternative idea... to an already cool photo. Ned
Attached Images

Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
On the way out to the trail repair work, noticed how nice some of our local barns are looking in the sunshine. Which of the two views of the second barn do you prefer?
The last is my favourite... lovely colour! Beautiful composition... Excellent. Thanks! Ned
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
When he finally got irritated at the noisy. nosy photographer and took off, I tried to get some BIF shots - not very good, but best for me so far... Let me know what you think of these...

Mole... the first photo espeically... speechless... nothing I can say... just too cool... nicely done... sharp... awesome composition and background... This is a keeper.