Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:03 AM   #11

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
It's really appreciated.
When the weather is getting better over here (it's raining now) I will go out in the field and try some different settings like different aperture and shutter speed settings etc
What are good but at the same time easy to use post processing programs?
I already have Photoshop lightroom and Photoshop CS4, though I'm no expert.
The programs do not have to be for free necessarily.
Thank you all

I'll keep you updated.
JC de Jonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 5:13 PM   #12

Carlo-

Your first efforts look nice. You will improve as you get more practice. A rather inexpensive, but very effective program is ACDSee 2009 Photo Management from Canada's ACDSee Systems.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:32 PM   #13

If you already have CS4 and Lightroom, you really have all you need. About the only other thing I would recommend is some noise reduction software, there are a number of good ones out there. I like your shots and think you are off to a good start.

Some things to think about when you are shooting outdoors on grey days - watch your metering. You'll often find that the grey/white sky will influence your exposure (your camera is going to make the majority of the scene mid-grey) more than it should and they can often be a bit underexposed. I think some of these could have been taken with a +Ev adjustment. Now the first one looks really good!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:52 PM   #14

I really thought I had commented on this yesterday. That's the second time in a week. I must be losing it.

Welcome to the forum. This is a very friendly place to learn. Anyway, for your first time with dSLR these are pretty good.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 9:08 PM   #15

Carlo, what a nice set of first shots. Welcome to the forum and I hope to see more of your work here.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:06 AM   #16

Indeed I should have turned up the exposure level a bit in the outdoor photo's. At the time of shooting I did not even know how to do that I was in such a hurry... but was so excited to take a few pictures.
I promise that I will make some better photo's (a) by paying more attention to some manual settings and playing a bit with them.
For the time being the weather is still awful over here .. maybe some indoor pictures then.. though I do prefer outside pictures...

Kindest regards,

Carlo
JC de Jonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC de Jonge View Post
At the time of shooting I did not even know how to do that I was in such a hurry... but was so excited to take a few pictures... Carlo
First, welcome to forum!!! I am quite new to it to. Second, no worries regarding your pictures... it is just great to see people excited about their Pentax and enjoying photography... and learning anything we can along the way.

All the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:01 AM   #18

A pretty good first go. You are lucky in that you have such good subjects to return to later. I like the candles myself.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:35 AM   #19

A belated WELCOME! Some very nice first shots - shows you have a fine eye for composition. Will look forward to seeing even better work as you learn the details of your new camera.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote