Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:50 PM   #11

Thank you for the input. I've incorporated a few of the ideas into this next version. It's really hard to keep the open area of the snow in the left center from being blown out, but not make the rest look too gray.

Ned - I know you had commented on leaving out the road, but I added one more panel I had taken to it that includes more of the road. I had intended it to show the road going off to no where. There was more to the trees above, but had to be cut off when I did the merge.

I'm afraid with all this rain the snow's going to be gone. The road was closed tonight on the way home. I definitely want to retry this when the meadow is green.

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:35 AM   #12

Hi Patty, thank you for your kind remarks. Looking at your poses many neat ideas. New England rock walls are real asset (in my books), the tree to the left can add to the composition... If you don't mind my thinking out loud, part of me would have perhaps backed up across the road to catch a little more of the foreground (tree and rock wall) so that I could leave room for intended cropping later... there are a couple of other ideas. I just find this such a beautiful subject and picture. Again, many thanks for sharing it. All the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:30 AM   #13

Thanks, Ned. I think I'll try that when the meadows are green. It's always been a favorite spot in my town. Although, the family that lives there wasn't fond of me in town government. We often had differing views.

Patty
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:39 AM   #14

Thanks, Patty, for your kind comments indeed. By the way, don't feel you have to reshoot the picture... just only if YOU want to. I just wanted to offer my perspective, but it is when it I see such lovely shots, well mind starts to focus in on this and that. Oh, by the way, if I were taking this shot, yes, I would do it standing up, but squatting down on my feet, or just getting lower... would be nice for exploring angles. Patty, pay no mind to my first-born perfectionism... Anyway, this is the great shot... but in minds eye, I see various posibilities. Thanks again and all the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:43 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Patty, nice pano. Paul hit the nail on the head, looks like a Currier and Ives card.

I like it with the black bins cloned out but I think it looked better tonally in the first picture. I liked the drama in the sky and in the second one you lost some of that.

Lou

Hi Patty

Love the Shot. But i agree with Lou. I like the first shot the best sans the bins.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:56 PM   #16

No problem, Ned. I love the ideas. I DO want to go back and do it again. I have tried numerous shots of this over the years, but the pano challenge gave me the idea to do this. Went by it today now that the road is open, but it was too late and the snow's melted now. Actually, would solve one of my problems with the image.

Thanks, Phil. I'm glad others had noticed the bins. I hadn't even seen them. Now that I think of it, I forgot to see what they were today when I went by. I don't even remember seeing them again.

Patty
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:21 PM   #17

very nice shot patty!
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote