Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:07 AM   #11

Patty, I was waiting for the critter to show up to comment. Nice shots of the sunroof frost. I must confess that having a sun roof I seldom if ever look through it.

The poor little guy looks like he is having a bad hair day with his tail. Nice photos all!

The flooding here is awful. The Shawsheen and the Spicket rivers have made driving here horrid. Lots of people have been displaced from their homes. I hope your commute goes better today.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:26 AM   #12

Thanks, mole and Lou. I think he was cold. Fluffing himself up like that and watching me like he was asking me to let him in. No way! His friends (or maybe him) have already found a way into our attic. Btw, no animals are harmed in the process of moving them. We have a have-a-heart trap and they are transported by car to another town far, far away.

The Spickett here in Salem is way over it's banks and flooding all the surrounding houses yet again. And, the river by my house is up over the road again. It was hard to get lunch yesterday. Bringing my lunch today. I get to go to Portsmouth this morning then to work. Normally a 1 1/2 hour commute. We'll see how that goes.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:03 PM   #13

Love the pictures and definitely feel for all of you who have been drenched the last few days. It made for a couple of very soggy days, not much for sight-seeing. I'd like to go back to Philadelphia in better weather sometime. This SoCal gal doesn't mind the cold half as much as the wet.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:50 PM   #14

Harriet - Yep, the wet sure makes it doubly hard to take. I never owned a real coat before I moved away from SoCal.

Well, I really need to do something to remind me to check my settings either when I put my camera away or before I take it out again. I realized today that my camera was on ISO1000. I think I set it one night last week when I was out and forgot about it. All of these shots were at ISO1000.

Patty
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:53 PM   #15

Well Patty, I think the wait was worth it. They are absolutely adorable! And, at ISO 1000 I'm really impressed, anything I take at over 800 has way too much noise.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:57 AM   #16

Patty, there is something about the verticle (second) photo of the squirrel that I particlarly like, you have the squirrel in the left verticle third of the picture, with the tree... the composition just seems absolutely wonderful. Also, this picture allows the background (nicely blurred out) to compliment the photo... in simple words, we are dealing with a tree, thus a good use of framing this picture vertically so we can appreciate the tree... and the squirrel is to the left... I just saying that I like this picture in how it does everything to draw my eyes on your subject whilst appreciating the everything else! Good job.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:11 AM   #17

Thanks, GW. Glad you thought they were worth the wait. I did run them through NR software

Thanks, Ned. I did play around with how to crop that one. So, glad you liked it the way I chose.

Patty
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:12 PM   #18

Really hate to hear about the weather problems, Patty. We've certainly been through that experience enough this year.

Love your "visitor" shots. Detail and lighting are both excellent. As far as the ISO 1000, it doesn't show. I find myself shooting high ISO on most of my birds and wildlife simply because the lighting conditions are so often bad early in the morning. I only see squirrels in our yard rarely. They don't care for our Lab, and she has made it her life mission to catch one sometime.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote