Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:26 PM   #11

You did quite well Daniel.
I have a lot of difficulty shooting Snowy Egrets, most of the time I blow the highlights. I really like the last bif, a little touch up on the background is all it needs. Nice job.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:00 PM   #12

Forgot to mention that I also stuck in the 77 Ltd - it's not very big and doesn't add much weight. I left the big, heavy lenses home, somewhat sadly.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Daniel, I have another question ...with all the new airplane regs regarding taking on board luggage, what did you do to carry your camera equipment safely while on the plane(s) ?
Les
I have a netbook, K20D/Sigma 24-60/DA200mm in a computer backpack. The minor inconvenience is that there is no softie partition in the backpack for the lenses. I just wrap them with clothing
I think there is a camera bag with a laptop backing . But you may not be a netbook person and you may not like to drag another 3 lb in your camera back.
That is my take.
And of course if you drive (say within N Am) there is not an issue

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielchtong View Post
I have a netbook, K20D/Sigma 24-60/DA200mm in a computer backpack. The minor inconvenience is that there is no softie partition in the backpack for the lenses. I just wrap them with clothing
I think there is a camera bag with a laptop backing . But you may not be a netbook person and you may not like to drag another 3 lb in your camera back.
That is my take.
And of course if you drive (say within N Am) there is not an issue

Daniel
Daniel,

Thanks for the info. Flying regs seem so changeable nowadays...it seems hard to know what the latest expectation airplane companies have.

Driving I usually use one of my Lowepro or my Kata 3N1 20 camera bags for my camera bodies and lenses...I seat belt them in the back seats when traveling, trunk when stopped for brief times.
Thanks,
Les

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:26 AM   #15

Daniel, nice shots of the Egrets. Hong Kong surprised me as well. I managed an egret shot there as well but it was further away flying low over the harbor.

There is actually a bird market in HK. Many residents live in cramped high rise apartments so they keep birds as pets. They bring them to the bird market in cages so they can socialize with other birds. It's a fun place to visit.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 4:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
There is actually a bird market in HK. Many residents live in cramped high rise apartments so they keep birds as pets. They bring them to the bird market in cages so they can socialize with other birds. It's a fun place to visit.

Lou
Thanks Lou
I worked 30 yrs ago near the bird's market on the Kowloon side. But that was long time ago. As you mentioned I was surprised with the birdie shot opportunity as well.
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote