Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Tachikoma, you're getting a K-7??? Wow, PLEASE keep me posted, if you don't mind. Like to know how things go. Thanks. Ned
I bought one on Saturday but it seems there is a fault with the mount, so getting it replaced tomorrow. Will be out for the day with another mate into photography (he uses his camera in auto mode so wants me to explain all the manual functions) so we will be out shooting for most of the day, weather permitting... it looks like it's going to rain... oh well, good chance to go over ISO, aperture, shutter for low light I guess!

Not used the K-7 I have now much as it seems cheeky saying it's faulty and returning it with a few hundred shutter actuations.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:09 PM   #22

Great that you can buy it locally... Very few Pentax stores around here in central Finland. Anyway, sorry to hear about the mounting problem... I hope my camera won't have any faults... yikes. I have to order from a store in Sweden. If I go to any of the stores here Jyväskylä, they will charge me a high price. Well, keep me posted on how things go. All the best. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:29 PM   #23

This is from a small independent store, in the UK for the first 30 days after purchase the retailer is responsible for faulty goods. Thankfully they had another K-7 in stock, otherwise I would have to send it to Pentax.

I wouldn't worry about reliability, eventually something sneaks out of every companies factory that isn't 100% perfect. It has not damaged my perception of Pentax, it's just one of those things.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote