Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:37 PM   #1

Default Location is everything...

Saturday was beautiful!
74 degrees a slight breeze and lots of sunshine. what more could you ask fore? It was time to get out the cameras and go shoot some pix of things that fly, walk or crawl...
I took over 600 photos and its taking a while to posses them so I'll post them over several days. right now I wanted to give you an idea of the area where we go for most of our nature adventures. This is a county owned nature reserve that once was one of the largest ranches in Polk County. Several years ago it was sold to the county and is a joint venture between the state water management district and the county. It has been quite a posses to turn this back into a major water shed and source of water for the area. Its also been turned into a great nature park at no cost to the public to come and walk the trails or take a class offered on weekends in the nature learning center services building. The park also boarders one of the largest lakes in the county besides many acres of flood plain marshes. The marshes make a great place to see all kinds of wildlife. they have made berms that crisscross the marsh and allow for nice hiking paths. The water that covers the marsh land is anywhere from a few inches to several feet deep during the heavy raining season. The berms serve multi purposes, one, it keeps the hikers feet dry as we walk around the park, and sense there is water on both sides of the berms you can always get a shot at something no matter where the sun is.
So, for my first post I'm going to let you have an idea of the lay of the land so you can get a better idea of the conditions we have to deal with in getting the photos we get.

This gives a good view of the type of paths we tale to get around the park. its all water each side of the berm and you'll find gators, snakes, eels, wild hogs, bald eagles, Hawks, wading birds of all kinds an no telling what else you might come across.

This is a turn for some much welcomed shade up ahead. some of the trails are heavy with trees lining the way and some are out in the wide open.

This is a nice view of the marsh from one of the trails. it can be deceptive, it may look like you could just walk on out ther and go scout the bird you're interested in shooting but, that's all water under those leaves!

I'll be back tomorrow with some interesting photos... that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Saturday was beautiful!
74 degrees a slight breeze and lots of sunshine. what more could you ask fore? It was time to get out the cameras and go shoot some pix of things that fly, walk or crawl...
I took over 600 photos and its taking a while to posses them so I'll post them over several days. right now I wanted to give you an idea of the area where we go for most of our nature adventures. This is a county owned nature reserve that once was one of the largest ranches in Polk County. Several years ago it was sold to the county and is a joint venture between the state water management district and the county. It has been quite a posses to turn this back into a major water shed and source of water for the area. Its also been turned into a great nature park at no cost to the public to come and walk the trails or take a class offered on weekends in the nature learning center services building. The park also boarders one of the largest lakes in the county besides many acres of flood plain marshes. The marshes make a great place to see all kinds of wildlife. they have made berms that crisscross the marsh and allow for nice hiking paths. The water that covers the marsh land is anywhere from a few inches to several feet deep during the heavy raining season. The berms serve multi purposes, one, it keeps the hikers feet dry as we walk around the park, and sense there is water on both sides of the berms you can always get a shot at something no matter where the sun is.
So, for my first post I'm going to let you have an idea of the lay of the land so you can get a better idea of the conditions we have to deal with in getting the photos we get.

This gives a good view of the type of paths we tale to get around the park. its all water each side of the berm and you'll find gators, snakes, eels, wild hogs, bald eagles, Hawks, wading birds of all kinds an no telling what else you might come across.

This is a turn for some much welcomed shade up ahead. some of the trails are heavy with trees lining the way and some are out in the wide open.

This is a nice view of the marsh from one of the trails. it can be deceptive, it may look like you could just walk on out ther and go scout the bird you're interested in shooting but, that's all water under those leaves!

I'll be back tomorrow with some interesting photos... that I'm sure you'll enjoy.
I second what you said.
I know it the hard way. I can fill up my harddrive just with images of birds' butts.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:17 AM   #3

Looks like a fantastic place to go shooting.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote