Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:39 PM   #11

[QUOTE Jack thanks for the input. You should consider running pixel mapping on your camera as I see one stuck pixel in your photo.[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the info ... I've just run a couple of auto shots with "Pixel Fixer", and it isn't finding anything of any consequence, so I'm guessing that whatever you're seeing in my pic is something else, and not due to a hot pixel. I confess I don't see a problem myself, but I do have eye problems ... largely due to an allergy, it has been particularly bad since thee New Year, but new medication is slowly getting it under control. There's been little or no photography action at this end because of it. ... Jack

Here's a link to Pixel Fixer if anyone is interested.

http://www.pixelfixer.org/
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 4:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachol View Post
[QUOTE Jack thanks for the input. You should consider running pixel mapping on your camera as I see one stuck pixel in your photo.
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the info ... I've just run a couple of auto shots with "Pixel Fixer", and it isn't finding anything of any consequence, so I'm guessing that whatever you're seeing in my pic is something else, and not due to a hot pixel. I confess I don't see a problem myself, but I do have eye problems ... largely due to an allergy, it has been particularly bad since thee New Year, but new medication is slowly getting it under control. There's been little or no photography action at this end because of it. ... Jack

Here's a link to Pixel Fixer if anyone is interested.

http://www.pixelfixer.org/[/QUOTE]

Jack, Here's the pixel I was refering to. Not a big deal, but thought you would like to know. Unless I'm wrong.
Attached Images

tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:15 AM   #13

OK Tony,
I've got to admit I'd missed that one, and it does look like a hot one, I'll check out some other pics and see if it repeats now I know roughly where to look.
Thanks for pointing it out, I'll keep tabs on it ... as you say if it's just an odd one it's matters little. cheers ... Jack.

Edit:- Tony, I just checked and nothing shows on the original RAW shot, and in addition I've done several shots of a dark subject at high ISO and slow speed, and still can't detect any hot pixels, so I'm guessng the one you found has occured during some PP, can't think how though, lets just say I'm relieved. LOL ... J.

Last edited by jachol; Mar 24, 2010 at 8:32 AM.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:08 AM   #14

Quote:
This is the original Pentax 18/50 not the later model. It's not in the big league as lenses go, but it's not one to be sneezed at, it does need good light though to perform well. ... Jack
Thanks, Jack. Too right you are about the lens. I am buying my camera with kit lens... I will use it and then see what lens I could get next. Thanks for the info... and again, great photo of flower!

Cheers.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:41 AM   #15

Quote:
OK Tony,
I've got to admit I'd missed that one, and it does look like a hot one, I'll check out some other pics and see if it repeats now I know roughly where to look.
Thanks for pointing it out, I'll keep tabs on it ... as you say if it's just an odd one it's matters little. cheers ... Jack.

Edit:- Tony, I just checked and nothing shows on the original RAW shot, and in addition I've done several shots of a dark subject at high ISO and slow speed, and still can't detect any hot pixels, so I'm guessng the one you found has occured during some PP, can't think how though, lets just say I'm relieved. LOL ... J.
Glad to here it. My K7 has pixel remapping and it works very well.

Last edited by tony3dd; Mar 24, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote