Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:56 AM   #21

Well done, Ned-

Congratulations on your choice. We will be looking for photos soon.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:59 AM   #22

Hi Sarah! Many thanks, indeed! Hopefully, in about 3 weeks from now, I will be able upload some "real" photos. This is the place of the midnight sun... I want to get some good pictures then. All the best to you and yours. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
One more thing about becoming a Pentaxian - watch out for a terminal condition many folks get who buy Pentax cameras get. It's called LBA (lens buying addiction) and related syndromes CBA (camera buying addiction) and BBA (bag buying addiction) - there's no known cure. You'll know you have it when you have 5 different lenses that all cover 50 mm somehow.LOL. Never heard it described this way...but it's very true. I have the DA 50mm F2.8 Macro, the 50 mm DA F1.4, the 55 mm Tak F2.0, the 50 mm F 1.8 Tak, the 50 MM f4 Macro Tax bayonet... Or when your camera bag has gotten too heavy to carry.
also true...I started with my Lowepro AW 4 for Pentax digitals, then got another LP for a carry around, lately a Kata 3N1 20...as the car TV show guy used to say...do I need all this equipment....or do I want all this equipment...with LBA, BBA and CBA..it's a question of I want all this equipment.

Ned, enjoy you're K7 when you get it I'm sure you will be on top of the world...but then as mentioned before...it will just be the start..

Last edited by lesmore49; Apr 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 1:14 PM   #24

The camera is a tool and that is all. I can take very good photos with a cheap throw away 35mm camera but the better tool allows you more ease of use. I have yet to see a really good reason to switch fronm my K10D even though the newer Pentax cameras do offer more bells and whistles to play with the tool I have (K10D) is still very adequate to the task. Pentax's backward compatibility is one good reason for picking them and they have a good selection of good lens to work with so if I do upgrade the new tool will have good lenses to work with. Wish you good luck in getting the K7 and hope to see some photos from it soon my friend. Have a very good week end.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 2:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Ned, enjoy you're K7 when you get it I'm sure you will be on top of the world...but then as mentioned before...it will just be the start..
Many thanks, Les!
Old Apr 2, 2010, 2:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
The camera is a tool and that is all. I can take very good photos with a cheap throw away 35mm camera but the better tool allows you more ease of use. I have yet to see a really good reason to switch fronm my K10D even though the newer Pentax cameras do offer more bells and whistles to play with the tool I have (K10D) is still very adequate to the task. Pentax's backward compatibility is one good reason for picking them and they have a good selection of good lens to work with so if I do upgrade the new tool will have good lenses to work with. Wish you good luck in getting the K7 and hope to see some photos from it soon my friend. Have a very good week end.
Hi Ed! Believe me, your K10D tool has been a real powerful tool, indeed. For me, it's sort of like coming out of the stone age. Before, I was limited by the price of film... now I can take as many pictures as I want. Indeed, it boils down to "a tool", that's what it is, not an idol, and there is no perfect camera, not even the K7. But this will allo me to get back into the swing of things what I couldn't do with my Pentax MZ-5n (film). Thanks, Ed, and all the best to you and yours. Happy Easter.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:19 PM   #27

Yep, LBA, BBA - all of them kick in. Lou tried to tell me at our camera club meeting the other night that I "wanted" my new lens that's on it's way to me now. But, I told him, nope, it'a a need! Somehow I don't think I convinced him.

This should hold me for a while. But, that's what I said when I just bought the Zenitar 16mm a few months ago. So, hope your tax return is a big one.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
This should hold me for a while. But, that's what I said when I just bought the Zenitar 16mm a few months ago. So, hope your tax return is a big one.

Patty
Hi Judy, it is over 1300 euros! Since half of this camera will be used for business, I found a store that gives me a business discount and then my account will deduct the rest in taxes... So, I have enough for the camera and a good lense. But with the variety of choices, I feel like a kid in a candystore.

Ned
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:03 AM   #29

Congratulations on finely making your choice. I am sure you will be very happy with the K-7 it is a wonderful camera.

If you are like some of us here you will go through a long learning curve as you explore all the bells and whistles this camera has and find the settings that compliment your style of photography best.

Good luck with your purchase,

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:23 AM   #30

Hi, Lou! Many thanks! I look forward to the learning curve.

Ned