Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 3, 2010, 4:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Great photos... like this one a lot... Squirrel could not be in a better place, nice composition... wow, must be nice having A NEW CAMERA!!!!
Lol! Thanks for the feeback Eetu.

yes.. "new" last model camera. I wanted the K7 but i got the k20 new and kit lens and bought used a; cam bag, lens bag, 50mm, 28mm, 135mm, 500mm, 55mm, X2 teleconverter, fish eye lens, 28-80mm macro, 40-80mm, and my 28-200mm lens all for around 1000 alltogether, (purchased idividually)

BTW, didnt u just reacently get ur K7? How are u liking it, Ill hafta scout for some of your pics.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 4:48 PM   #12

Hold it... let me see if I got this right... you bought the K20 and 1, 2, 3 ,4 5, FIVE LENSES!!!!... Oppps I have to read on... 6, 7, 8 LENSES!!! Am I reading this right, or am I jok'n hallucinating... all for a 1000??? Holy cats!
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:01 PM   #13

yeah, i got the k20d on amazon with the key lens for 719.00, On ebay; the tamron 28-200 was 130 with shipping. the 55mm 1.8 ( did i forget to mention that one) was 25.00, the 50mm came with the 500mm and a pentax k1000 for 60.00, (ive since given the k1000 away to a friend)

the 40-80 was 40, 28-80 was 40ish, and the 135 was 60 bucks

and got two nice used bags for 12.00 (leather )

I am an ebay huntin goon! :-D

most of my prime lenses are pentax ashai, my 28-80mm macro lens is a Focal lens (is this a brand? I hadnt heard of it but it is quite nice)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:10 PM   #14

Well I am happy for you, I really am, but I wish I could get such low prices here in Finland. I think the Finns want my first-born child as down payment.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:20 PM   #15

can you not ebay ? Im not sure what the exchange rates are but I would think you would still be able to purchase off US auctions for those who ship internationally... then again with shipping it may not be worth it, but I found some relatively small camera dealers posting on ebay ( who I bougth off ) practically giving these manual lenses away.

BTW, youve got me hyped with your camera cant wait to see some of your shots. Ive seen one or two you took with a phone that looked darn good so I await some of those beautiful finnish landscapes. I loved the forrests in Finland, they seemed so mystical. Really makes me miss Europe
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Well I am happy for you, I really am, but I wish I could get such low prices here in Finland. I think the Finns want my first-born child as down payment.
What is the VAT in Finland?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:33 PM   #17

The problem with buying on ebay is some want payment via PayPal... well, I went to the bank and there is no way I hook up with PayPal... The other thing is, shipping costs, and then anything I buy, I have to report to customs where I have to pay 22% tax on .

Thanks for comments... You are too kind. With my most recent shot of the dummy hanging under the bridge, I was hoping I have not gone too far with my phone camera pictures. Anyway... I am looking forward to the camera, the K7 and what I saw today, the 17-70mm IF lens. Yes, it is very beautiful here in Finland... and when the sun is up almost all night in places, well there is such interesting lighting. Are you from or have you been to Europe?

Thanks and all the best

Ned
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
What is the VAT in Finland?
22% !!!! And... it going up this summer...
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:35 PM   #19

Did you check the other EU countries. It may be less there, and since it is in the EU, you have free trade.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:51 PM   #20

Quote:
The problem with buying on ebay is some want payment via PayPal... well, I went to the bank and there is no way I hook up with PayPal... The other thing is, shipping costs, and then anything I buy, I have to report to customs where I have to pay 22% tax on .

Thanks for comments... You are too kind. With my most recent shot of the dummy hanging under the bridge, I was hoping I have not gone too far with my phone camera pictures. Anyway... I am looking forward to the camera, the K7 and what I saw today, the 17-70mm IF lens. Yes, it is very beautiful here in Finland... and when the sun is up almost all night in places, well there is such interesting lighting. Are you from or have you been to Europe?

Thanks and all the best

Ned

I lived in Stuttgart Germany for six years but been all over Europe, unfortunately the opportunity came when I was just a youngin' so I only have the fading memories. One day Ill be back

Shoturtle might be onto something with EU ebay

the 17-70mm would be lovely!! If /when you get it, refrain from showing me how awesome it is so I dont go blow more money lol