Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:15 PM   #1

Default Somebody got a handsome tax return today!!!

Holy gaucamole!!! I finally got my tax return... it safely in my bank account... 1320 euros / 1768 dollars. Holy cats.

And if that ain't enough good news, I had a meeting with my accountant... Since he is Finnish and knows all the language, the contacts, he found Business-to-Business company here in Finland and he said that I will get all my 22% sales tax back straight away... AND!!!!! Half of the cost of the camera will be taken off my taxes... That is like saying, "Ned, your K-7, that normally will cost you 1100 is really going to end up costing you 500 by the end of the tax year... Wow'zers... that is like buying a Pentax K-7 for the price of a jok'n K-x.

Unbelievable.

Ned

Last edited by Eetu; Apr 6, 2010 at 3:24 PM. Reason: Correction of camera model
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:22 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Way to go, Ned! Have you ordered it? When will you have it in hand? Can't wait to see images from your skillful hands!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:24 PM   #3

No, not yet... I want to make sure all my bills are paid, taxes... so I can get it with no worries. Now I have to sort out which lenses to get...

Nice to hear from ya, Jehan. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Ned
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:28 PM   #4

Way to go! Can't wait to see the pictures when you finally get it. Have you downloaded the owners manual yet and started reading it? Always a good thing to do while you wait. Bet it's going to seem twice as long now that the money is in the bank.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:41 PM   #5

Cool!
Now let's see some photos,

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Way to go! Can't wait to see the pictures when you finally get it. Have you downloaded the owners manual yet and started reading it? Always a good thing to do while you wait. Bet it's going to seem twice as long now that the money is in the bank.
Thanks Harriet! Yes, I did download it... and I am studying it carefully.

Many thanks.

Ned
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Cool!
Now let's see some photos,
Oi, GW! Yes indeed! This is going to be something. I showed the information about the K7 online to my accountant... Poor guy, I left him a "broken man".

All the best and thanks!

Ned
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:51 PM   #8

That was about time Ned

Congratulations big time. Now we soon can see some fine photos from the finnish woods. It will be real cool to see. Can´t wait.
I think most of us that have seen your mobile phone photos are just as exited as you are

Hey, let me know if you are going to Stockholm sometime so we can meet and take some photos together.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:59 PM   #9

Oi, Daniel! Many thanks! Man I am excited, just need to make sure all family bills are paid, so I can purchase this with peace of mind... I can't believe that in the end I will be getting this camera for half price, thanks to my accountant.

Hey, Stockholm sounds like a cool idea. Would really pleased to take some pictures together. I will have to touch base with my friend Klas to see when I will be in Stockholm next. Many thanks.

Ned
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Oi, Daniel! Many thanks! Man I am excited, just need to make sure all family bills are paid, so I can purchase this with peace of mind... I can't believe that in the end I will be getting this camera for half price, thanks to my accountant.

Hey, Stockholm sounds like a cool idea. Would really pleased to take some pictures together. I will have to touch base with my friend Klas to see when I will be in Stockholm next. Many thanks.

Ned
Cool Ned!
You have your own company I suppose? What do you do? I will probably start my own company too when I get well. I´ve had my own company just starsted before, but got sick by a tick. I´ve got TBE and almost died. But I´m getting better slowly but surely.
Just send me a pm if you are going to Stockholm. That would be cool.

Take care.
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote