Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:00 PM   #41

Well, there hasn't been much free time this month. Did this one Wednesday night. Lou may recognize the building.

I've taken to listening to audio books in my car in my travels during the week. This goes along with the theme of a book I'm reading right now that has ghosts in it.
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:45 PM   #42

Very cool shot, I recognize that method of showing motion. Your shot is well done, Patty, I like it and it's very appropriate.

We've been enjoying our commutes much more since we bought an ipod and we've been trying to fill it up with books. Haven't managed it yet, but it sure makes being stuck in heavy traffic, especially with our long commute, easier to tolerate.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 5:35 PM   #43

Well,here it is the 1st of may and I missed the deadline, unless you'll make an exception. I should have posted this last knight but just forgot. This shot was taken by Linda with the K100 and 18-55 kit lens at a park in downtown Lakeland. there is a funny story to go with this and several other shots of a series, I'll post later in another thread but, I wanted to enter this one here because it fit the challenge so well. Let me just say he was flat out moving to get the heck outa there as fast as he could and so was the male behind him as soon as he saw what was coming!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 9:42 PM   #44

i wasnt gonna post mine since the first came but since u are, I said why not :-D

I took it on the 29th but not like it matters with all your tremendous shots!!

Nice duck shot goldwinger, i like the circular motion cutting through the water from the duck.

nhmom, this is very cool. I havent tried this technique ina while, you've inspired me to try it again soon. This is a very nice shot and the colors work well with it.

Last edited by NMRecording; May 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 9:51 PM   #45

StyleXP90, youve captured this car in stop motion perfectly. It really gives you a sense of speed being right there with the car.

Keltech this is great coloring and looks like a very difficult shot to capture. Very nice composition here with the waves layering in the back, well done.

Penolta, I love the vivid colors in this one. composition and timing are perfect in this one.

Frogfish what a cool mosaic. This is well done and motorcycle or not, they are framed nicely and still seem to flow between the frames.

Trojan, you've pulled this off well. It looks like you gave us just the right amount of blur that really accents the color scheme. Almost looks like a painting

Simowils, looks like an extremely hard shot but nonetheless the framing and shutter look to be dead on. Perfect timing on this one
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 11:48 PM   #46

Good heavens, it's the first and I never quite got around to posting anything!!!! I can't believe I allowed this month to slip by.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 10:24 AM   #47

Well, I guess this needs to be opened up for voting. Time has gotten away from me this weekend.

So, start voting. We'll take votes until Wed, the 5th. Votes will be counted Thursday.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 6:33 PM   #48

A vote for penolta's hummingbird. I know how tough it is to get those shots. I've tried.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 8:08 PM   #49

Sorry I didn't enter anything, but I'd like to cast a vote. I kept coming back to pboerger's ice-water boarding (is that a form of torture?). Great shot.
Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 8:22 PM   #50

Yet another Tough Month. Everyones Shots were Great. But in the end my Vote gos to nhmom

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote