Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:47 PM   #1

Default April 2010 Monthly Challenge

Okay, after much discussion between my husband and I we've decided on "motion". This was between crustaceans (his idea) or macro since there's been so much discussion lately on the boards.

Motion will be open to any interpretation. Motion of your subject, your camera, you..... whatever.

This was taken on the way home from Newport the other day, while driving through Boston. It's called "Zakim in motion". (That's the Zakim Bridge at 70 mph.) And, no Lou, I did not open the sun roof to get the shot! (This isn't my image, just something to get everyone thinking.)

Same rules as usual - Taken with Pentax or Samsung in the past 90 days, no longer than 800 pixels on the long end. One image per person.

I invite some of the lurkers to accept the challenge and join in. And, you don't have to post an image to vote at the end.

Let's see what we can come up with this month. Have fun!

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:37 PM   #2

Motion - that's going to take some thought. It's a good topic, one that should bring out everyone's creativeness.

And yes, let's see some of our new folks hanging out here post something. It's not like anything is at stake, just a chance to shoot something to a topic, a subject to think about and an opportunity to share something, a chance to ask questions about a shot. There's all sorts of different techniques that you can try with this topic.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:45 AM   #3

Good win, Patty. This will be an interesting challenge since there are so many ways to interpret it!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:18 PM   #4

Thanks, Glen. I was hoping the open topic with not much limiting it since could be done indoors, outdoors, cold weather, warm weather, beginner, pro, simple camera, fancy camera - would inspire some people to try this out. It is great fun to see the different ways people interpret the topics.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. I think it was Monza a few years ago who inspired me to take a photo of my Christmas tree using the motion of my camera pulling it towards me during a long exposure.

So, get your thinking caps on and let's see what we can come up with.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:58 PM   #5

Closing day at the ski park. The pond skim challenges skiers and boarders to get across a very cold pond. There is a high failure rate, but it makes for great fun. Lots of motion.
Attached Images

Last edited by pboerger; Apr 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:00 PM   #6

Very cool picture! Somehow I wouldn't want to try that - looks way too cold. Do the contestants wear wetsuits under their ski wear?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 5:53 PM   #7

There were no wetsuits and many costumes including this crazy man. The crew had to remove ice chunks from the water it was so cold. It hurt to watch.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:47 PM   #8

Neat shots. I like the expression on the second snowboarder's face. Nicely captured.
tundraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:53 PM   #9

That second shot is perfect timing. Are you submitting both to the challenge?
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:13 PM   #10

He can only submit one for the challenge (only one entry allowed). Which one is your entry, pboerger? I'd never be able to decide between them.