Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:49 AM   #11

Hi Ned!
I use Sandisk Extreme III 30mb/sec.
I have never had any problems with this card. I use 2 4Gb and one 2Gb, but I will soon buy an 8 Gb too. It would be nice with a 16 Gb card, but I prefer ´to use several 4 or 8 Gb instead. The reason for that is that if the card breaks down, or something happens with it, I would not want to lose 16Gb or something of photos.
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:02 AM   #12

OOOOOOOOOoooooooooohhhh... Never thought of the card breaking down. Good to know!!! Wow, thanks. I just wonder how much video I can put on a card... My wife's parents are from the "old country" which now belongs to Russia, I was thinking of making 10 to 15 minute clips of them telling stories about Karelia, the war, family, etc.... I thought I would make about 5 different segments, each about 10 or 15 minutes long. Thanks for the advice, my friend. Good to know. All the best to you and yours. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
OOOOOOOOOoooooooooohhhh... Never thought of the card breaking down. Good to know!!! Wow, thanks. I just wonder how much video I can put on a card... My wife's parents are from the "old country" which now belongs to Russia, I was thinking of making 10 to 15 minute clips of them telling stories about Karelia, the war, family, etc.... I thought I would make about 5 different segments, each about 10 or 15 minutes long. Thanks for the advice, my friend. Good to know. All the best to you and yours. Ned
No worries mate;-)
About video, you could always have a 16 Gb card for video, and a couple of 8 Gb cards for photo. I have a 16 Gb card for my camcorder. It´s enough for about 1 hour of video in full HD. 1080.
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:20 PM   #14

I have used delkin and panasonic class 6 cards. And non have fail me yet. My transcend class 10 should be here tomorrow. And from may review, I am sure I will get just as good reliability as my panasonic and delkin cards. And for me the price of 1 sandisk 16gb extreme class 10, will get me 3-4 transcend 16gb class 10 cards. So it think if you go with well know and respected brands card reliability should be fine.

I work with allot of memory card, and they all have a very low percentage of failure. But even the big brands have fail at work. We just get the name brands.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:57 PM   #15

I have always been pleased with the performance of SanDisk cards. I have used them for many years, since long before I got a DSLR. I have never had one fail, but as others have said it does happen occasionally. I also agree with the advice that if you don't shoot video an Ultra II card is probably fine; if you plan to do a lot of video, it's worth getting an Extreme III card.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:00 PM   #16

actually I tested a ultra II class 4 with hd 1080, it had no issue in a dark room for 12 min. The big difference is with long burst rates, especially in RAW. That is when the class 6 and class 10 pushes by the ultra II class 4