Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:02 AM   #1

Default Pentax Therapy

Because I have such confidence in all my friends, I KNOW this has never happened to you. A succession of lousy days in your job .... husband or wife with whom you've been impressed with his/her ability for lo these many years suddenly can't do any thing right.... your kid (age 28), with whom this particular duty you thought had ended long ago, is calling and asking for "help with his homework," and worse, since he's studying complex topics in international relations in preparation for specializing in international law in law school, you really can't help him, because he knows more than you do.....PLUS, it's IRS time.... AND because of all this, you haven't had time to pick up a camera or looked at a photo web site in two weeks,

Definitely time to get your head on straight. For me, it was the blooming of the first iris of the year in our front yard. I grabbed the K20, the AF540FGZ flash, and my O-Ring flash adapter and went to work (it was an hour before dark)

One of my cats had been staying out of reach the last few days since I'd been in such a lousy mood. Today, he cautiously watched from the bed of a pickup

The iris was not the only flower in the yard I had not photographed. There were two azaleas in full bloom, on pink and the other closer to red

and, the darker red

I definitely feel better. I guess Pentax therapy works. And, of course none of my problems with moods or nerves has anything to do with quitting smoking........ (54 days, but who's counting.....)

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Super Moderator

a camera and a few nice subjects always helps!

these look great, good color and nice fill lighting.

i like the first iris, and the solo azalia.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:18 AM   #3

These are beautiful shots. Glad you took a minute to take these
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:23 AM   #4

i try to get Pentax therapy every weekend
glad to see it is working for you

the cat sure has a stay away look lol

and with all that extra money you are now saving, think of all the lenses you can buy !!!!!!!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumnut View Post

and with all that extra money you are now saving, think of all the lenses you can buy !!!!!!!
The possibility has definitely been raised......lol

I can't imagine why my wife starts talking about suing for damages from secondary smoke all these years......hmmmmm......I know, she just wants my lenses

Paul
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:25 AM   #6

I quite liked your picture of the iris with black background.
I must say I also liked the title 'Pentax Therapy'. Actually, when things remind me of the destiny of Sisyphus, I cannot think of a better theraphy than my camera ( there could be some exceptions of course)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:26 AM   #7

Dear Troj, you should try kicking a soccer ball against a wall, set up the K20 on a tripod, set the timer and see if you can get a shot for the motion challenge! Take out frustrations on the ball and get an entry all at the same time!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics51 View Post
Dear Troj, you should try kicking a soccer ball against a wall, set up the K20 on a tripod, set the timer and see if you can get a shot for the motion challenge! Take out frustrations on the ball and get an entry all at the same time!

Hmmm......that might make a good challenge shot.....which do you think would be more effective? The tripod shot of my going over sideways when my knee collapsed after striking the ball? or all the EMT's and all the EMT's men that would be necessary to get Humpty Dumpty upright again? LOL.

Paul
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:08 PM   #9

Some real pretty shots, Paul.
I wonder if the IRS would cut you some slack if you sent them an Iris?
mmm... nah.
Congratulations on quitting smoking! I quit several years ago myself.
With the price of cigarettes now days, I can see how you could save up for some pretty nice accessories.

BTW, Pentax therapy works for me too.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:57 PM   #10

Well done! I quit a long time ago and my other half is trying now. It's very tough - at least you can enjoy getting out and about some. That cat does look wary.

Leave the camera on the tripod and make sure you have the remote in your hands. Then you can get the action of the EMT's working on you as you roll around in pain. Definitely a better shot than your knee collapsing.

Tomorrow we'll be broke again (sigh!). Some year I'll get the whole thing figured out so we don't owe money, but the more extra tax I add, the less effect it has on what we owe when we figure it all up. This is one of those times when I wish I were a professional photographer (i.e., earned at least a little money from my hobby) and could use all the lenses and cameras I've bought as a tax deduction.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote