Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by placematters View Post
Not to change the subject, but which Waterman is that?
Sorry I really can't remember (must be about 10 yrs old now though) and it is an original (copies are ca. $2 to $5 here) !
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:24 PM   #12

Hi FF,

To the contrary, discovering that the lens (that you just spent a lot of time agonizing over choosing) actually delivers the goods as well or better than you expected is very exciting! I always burn a lot of memory shooting things around the house before going out and using a new lens in the field -- usually because I receive the lens too late in the day to try it outside.

I think that the popup flash generally gets an undeserved bad rap. Used with some thought, and with a realistic view to its built-in limitations, it can be very useful, and unlike some who consider it an "unprofessional" feature, I've always liked having one.

Very nice results! You've picked much nicer "around the house" subjects than I usually do!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:17 AM   #13

Thanks Scott !

I actually thought the pop-up flash did an excellent job once it was wrapped in tissue. I'll have to give Harriet's idea (coffee filter) a try too.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:19 PM   #14

Nice job. You're inspiring me to get out and play with my new Vivitar 105. It's raining out right now. But, I've got my eye on some Boston ferns just starting to emerge I want to experiment with. My orchid still has not bloomed from last weekend. The buds are there, they just aren't opening.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:49 PM   #15

Congratulations on receiving your Vivitar 105 Patty ! That looks like an excellent macro lens from images I've seen ..... looking forward to seeing yours (and yes, try bugs as well as flowers) !