Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:46 PM   #1

Default I found it!

I have been looking for a holster style bag that would hold my K20 with my longest 300mm lens mounted. well I had about given up when I came across this little jewel. I wanted something simple that would hold my camera/lens combo along with a couple extra batteries and SD cards. This is perfect, I can carry it over my shoulder or on my waist belt. loads from the top and its easy to unzip reach in and grab it, your ready to shoot. the best part was the price, $10 New old stock at the local camera shop.
Three times now I've stopped in to look at the Kata 3 IN 1-20 and almost picked it up and to take it home with me but, after spending all the money I have this week on camera gear I think my wife would have a stroke!
I got a set of macro rails, the Cotton Carrier, and a set of backdrop stands to support a 13X20.5 muslin drape.

Anyway, here's the little bag I got

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:50 PM   #2

Very nice! I have a couple of holster bags but none of mine are big enough for the K-7 and the DA*50-135, so there's no way they would work for a camera and a *300, even the A*300 which is small compared to the others.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:02 PM   #3

Hi Gw

Nice looking bag. I have a very similar one made by lowpro. Rezo TLZ-20 http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Rezo-D...1386800&sr=8-1

Great bag for the days when you just want to take one lense and a Few batterys and cards

Good luck with Yours

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:03 PM   #4

Nice holster. I was looking for a small camera bag to carry around my little KM (K2000) and (usually) 16-45 lens.

I picked up a LowePro Nova 170 AW which is ok, but not quite right.

BTW, I do have a Kata 20 3N1. I've had since January. Really like it...carry my K10D with battery grip, and 55-300. I also carry my 10-17 FE, 50mm F2.8 Macro and sometimes put my KM with the 16-45 in the top pocket.

Very efficient design and I particularly like the yellow padded liners...can spot loose lens caps, etc...much faster then I can with darker liners....ie: the contrast of darker parts against the yellow liners..just great.

The Kata has become my favourite camera bag.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:17 AM   #5

I have the Kata too...nice bag. True about the yellow/black comment. What you propably didn't know, is that its no mistake that caution signs are black on yellow. Its because those ARE the 2 colors that provide the greatest contrast and thus visability (warning) to a human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Nice holster. I was looking for a small camera bag to carry around my little KM (K2000) and (usually) 16-45 lens.

I picked up a LowePro Nova 170 AW which is ok, but not quite right.

BTW, I do have a Kata 20 3N1. I've had since January. Really like it...carry my K10D with battery grip, and 55-300. I also carry my 10-17 FE, 50mm F2.8 Macro and sometimes put my KM with the 16-45 in the top pocket.

Very efficient design and I particularly like the yellow padded liners...can spot loose lens caps, etc...much faster then I can with darker liners....ie: the contrast of darker parts against the yellow liners..just great.

The Kata has become my favourite camera bag.
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:43 AM   #6

Nice bag!

I found a tutorial for some DIY (one way) macro rails made from a cheap desk clamp:

http://www.diyphotography.net/the-diy-macro-rail

I have one similar on my desk at the moment that is a lot smaller and would work great mounted on a tripod, although it has less travel.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Anyway, here's the little bag I got
Oi, GW, cool holster! With your camera, super-computer, and now a jok'n holster... man, I can only imagine what you would have been like if you lived in the Wild West. With this holster, you might become known as the Wyatt Erp of photography. Good on you!

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Nice bag!

I found a tutorial for some DIY (one way) macro rails made from a cheap desk clamp:

http://www.diyphotography.net/the-diy-macro-rail

I have one similar on my desk at the moment that is a lot smaller and would work great mounted on a tripod, although it has less travel.

That's a pretty cool idea, Tachi. I have the same clamp I use on my drill press and metal lathe to hold parts for machining, never thought about using one for for a macro rail.

Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Oi, GW, cool holster! With your camera, super-computer, and now a jok'n holster... man, I can only imagine what you would have been like if you lived in the Wild West. With this holster, you might become known as the Wyatt Erp of photography. Good on you!

Ned
Very funny Ned.