Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:03 AM   #21

Thanks guys. I've tried a grip with the K10D and could not get used to the up and down bulk of it. I won't get one to use as it just never felt right to me. I was going to wait till the NEXT BIG THING to buy but guess the K7 will have to do as my granddaughter's wedding is the middle of June and I'll need one by then.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
Thanks guys. I've tried a grip with the K10D and could not get used to the up and down bulk of it. I won't get one to use as it just never felt right to me. I was going to wait till the NEXT BIG THING to buy but guess the K7 will have to do as my granddaughter's wedding is the middle of June and I'll need one by then.
Hi Dawg,

My late commiserations over your loss. . ., but good to hear that you faired better than the K10.

Sounds like you have a good excuse to go ahead with a K-7 -- I think you'll be pleased. I find everything considerably easier to shoot with the K-7 over the K20, and I also felt the same about the K20 over the K10, so you should see a big difference. I'd also suggest that you do this sooner rather than later, as it will take a bit of time to get used to the new interface -- it's quite different (and much better, IMO) -- but I imagine you've already thought of that angle. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:47 AM   #23

So glad you are OK - cameras are easy to repair or replace, BigDawgs not so...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
Hi Dawg,

My late commiserations over your loss. . ., but good to hear that you faired better than the K10.

Sounds like you have a good excuse to go ahead with a K-7 -- I think you'll be pleased. I find everything considerably easier to shoot with the K-7 over the K20, and I also felt the same about the K20 over the K10, so you should see a big difference. I'd also suggest that you do this sooner rather than later, as it will take a bit of time to get used to the new interface -- it's quite different (and much better, IMO) -- but I imagine you've already thought of that angle. . .

Scott
Thanks Scott. I have read the reviews and am aware of the differences. I also am aware it is a bit smaller which does worry me some but I did shoot for several years (and still shoot every now and then) with a Kodak DX6490 point and shoot so the smaller size I can cope with. LOL
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:15 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
So glad you are OK - cameras are easy to repair or replace, BigDawgs not so...
Thanks Mole. I just need to remember I'm not so young any more. Just glad my reflexes haven't gone the way of my balance.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:24 AM   #26

Im sorry to hear about this ...I know the feeling, Except My K10D died in its sleep

I changed jobs recently and couldnt use the camera for around 2 months.
Then when I turned it on, It gave a battery charge low error, even if the battery was fully charged. Even sent it to a service center, but was told the motherboard has gone.

Anyway the camera is still cosmetically great, but dead. I dont have that much money so had to settle for a K-x next, But Im happy with it.

If your motherboard is working, I am willing to post you my body (Free) except for postage .

Sorry for sharing my ramblings in your greiving thread.
Chesslanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 3:34 PM   #27

I'm just glad it's only the k10 and not you that got hurt.

It seems that you're gonna get a k7 much earlier than I am.
Old May 18, 2010, 1:20 AM   #28

Thanks Ronny and Chesslanka. Got my K7 Ronny but still miss the K10D.