Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:15 AM   #11

Lovely photo of your children - very cute !

Interested to know if you were using MF or Av ?
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Looks like a lovely park, and very well-photographed too! Really nice shot of the tree swallos - it sure is hard to catch one of those guys sitting still. Of course the photo of your fellow hikers is the best of all (cutest subject too)!!

The first photo of the flowers looks like Toothwort to me.
Oh, and that's not a house sparrow, it's a chickadee - good shot of one too!
My bad on the bird ID. I was using my daughter's Birds of New York book to identify it and the house sparrow looked an awful lot like it, I should have looked closer, I'm usually pretty good at identifying birds. Thanks for that. As for the plant, well, you'd know better than I would and thanks for the ID on that one, I just admire the beauty of the flowers in general.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Lovely photo of your children - very cute !

Interested to know if you were using MF or Av ?
Thank you, my kids can deceive you, they are little devils most of the time.

Not sure how to answer your question... I used Av (Aperture Priority) with it set at F8 for the most part with my 55-300mm lens and I always pretty much use auto focus as my manual focusing skills aren't really that great. If you are asking whether I was using M mode vs Av mode, well, I just answered that. Hope that is what you wanted to know.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:58 AM   #14

I had to laugh when you talked about how Buffalo isn't NYC - it's like a different world. But it's not completely unknown - you should be happy to think about someone in Los Angeles happily listening to Rick Jeanneret, giving them an escape from their afternoon commute. Unfortunately Vancouver has woken up and I'm not sure the Kings have enough left in the tank to beat them (I keep hoping though).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I had to laugh when you talked about how Buffalo isn't NYC - it's like a different world. But it's not completely unknown - you should be happy to think about someone in Los Angeles happily listening to Rick Jeanneret, giving them an escape from their afternoon commute. Unfortunately Vancouver has woken up and I'm not sure the Kings have enough left in the tank to beat them (I keep hoping though).
Yeah, RJ is the only person you want to listen to when watching a Sabres game. Glad to hear a west coast person talking about him, he is the best.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:56 PM   #16

Nice. Glad to see that you are able to get out more now. The kids are so cute. Is your daughter the budding photographer?

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Nice. Glad to see that you are able to get out more now. The kids are so cute. Is your daughter the budding photographer?

Patty
Thank you Patty, she does like to take pictures of things, even though they don't often turn out very well. She doesn't really take the time to take a proper photo, but then she's only 6. If she expresses an interest in it later I will definitely encourage it.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:59 PM   #18

We all had to start somewhere. When I look back at photos I took when I was 10 I'm embarrassed. No composition skills, out of focus, etc. Of course, I'm still learning some of these things.

That reminds me that my grandson will be turning 3 next month. I've been waiting to get him a camera. Now's the time!

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
We all had to start somewhere. When I look back at photos I took when I was 10 I'm embarrassed. No composition skills, out of focus, etc. Of course, I'm still learning some of these things.

That reminds me that my grandson will be turning 3 next month. I've been waiting to get him a camera. Now's the time!

Patty
Yeah, we started out the kids with Fisher Price cameras that take real dig photos but are rugged and just for them to feel good about taking pictures. Geeks.com was selling a 8 or 10MP Kodak camera back around october for about $40 so I bought one for my daughter. If it breaks no big loss. She was always dropping my old P&S and eventually broke the battery door on it. It was time for her to have her own camera to break.