Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:28 PM   #11

Hi GW,

Sorry to hear you needed the surgery, but who needs a stinking gall bladder anyway -- best to get rid of those superfluous organs. . .they're nothing but trouble, and weigh you down. . .

The new stuff should motivate a speedy recovery! . . . but I'll add my wishes for one anyway -- but I'm sure that getting new stuff works better --at least that's how it would be for me --

Let me know what you think of the CC -- I really like mine, and use it about every day right now with the FA*300/4.5 + AFA on the K-7 and Sigma 180 Macro + AFA on the K20 -- easily the best way to carry two bodies with big lenses without having them banging around.

I do get a lot of strange looks though. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:41 PM   #12

Drugs are good. When Dan had his out his anesthesiologist wasn't happy - Dan had an asthma attack when they put him under. He had it out in an outpatient clinic where they keep you just overnight, but there was no doctor. They didn't like his oxygen levels so they admitted him to the hospital across the street, "just in case". A couple of days after he had it out, we had a huge snowstorm - 30 inches in one night. He ended up having to help dig out the Jeep Wrangler, which I managed to get stuck just beyond the driveway. He does NOT recommend that type of activity right after surgery!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
I went in for surgery to have my gallbladder removed this morning and was discharged about 5:30 this evening. When I got home all of my recent orders had arrived., which was a nice welcome home surprise! I got a Minolta Macro rail set, The Cotton Carrier support vest and the 13' X 20.6' JTL background support system. All appear to be top quality items and I can't wait to get to feeling better so I can try them out!

BTW, I'm in a lot of pain right now so, any typo's or statements that don't make sense I'll blame on the Pain medication.
Sorry to hear you are in pain old friend. Hope it ends soon and your recovery is 100%.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:17 AM   #14

As everyone else has said, hope you recover quickly mate, just think of the new gear as an incentive to rest up properly so you can get out in the field quicker.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:45 AM   #15

Good morning Guys.
I want to thank everyone For all there well wishes! I've been told that recovery should be a piece of cake but, right now I feel like I've been shot 4 times in the gut. hoping that goes away soon because the drugs make me sleepy and unsteady, I keep dozing of st the keyboard, I started this post 40 minuets ago!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:39 PM   #16

wow so non chalant! had mine out a few years back laproscopic surgery in and out in a day sore for awhile but not bad get well soon!
bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:04 PM   #17

Sounds like they got you on the good stuff ;-) Hope you recover soon!
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:07 PM   #18

Thanks guys, I appreciate the well wishes.
bock, the laproscopic is what I had too. In a lot more pain today but I'm told it will get better from here on.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:37 AM   #19

GW - my prayers are with you for a complete and speedy recovery, and a quick end to any pain. Hope you are out & enjoying your new equipment soon!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:57 PM   #20

GW, with you if it isn't one thing it is another! You know the old saying: The doctor told me to cheer up, because things could be worse, so I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse. But you have demonstrated repeatedly that you have a resilient spirit that will see you through once again. And you don't have to have had surgery to make typos or fall asleep at the keyboard, either - I do it repeatedly.

Last edited by penolta; Apr 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote