Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:10 PM   #1

Default Fremantle Arts Festival

sorry I havent been around much lately, but life seems to have gotten busy
so much so that in looking back at my photos I see I havent posted any here in ages, so these photos are a few weeks old.
each year over the Easter long weekend (4 days), the City of Fremantle invites buskers from all over the world to participate in street art, so I went along for my first time to check it out
and took a few photos

a living statue, who remains motionless until some one approaches
taken with the 10-17 fisheye

I aint sure what this guy was, he just seemed to stalk people
DA* 300mm

I was stuck in a crowd with the fish eye on and couldnt change lenses, so this is a crop from the fisheye photo
there are a few more on my site http://www.johndolphin.net/photos/ca...php?cat_id=109
and there would of been more except my battery went flat
and my other battery I had left at home still in the charger
oopps
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:23 AM   #2

You sound like me - if there's something that could possibly go wrong, it does. And there's always so many things that you have to remember when going hiking that I always forget one or two of them (remember battery but forget sunscreen. Remember sunscreen but forget trekking pole/monopod. Remember sunscreen, battery, monopod, long lens but memory card is still in computer where I put it the night before to download pictures - you get the idea).

Anyway, I like your pictures. The nice thing with the last one is that you get everything in focus and it gives you a feeling of the whole scene you wouldn't have gotten if you had taken a close-up of just the juggler. I think that guy is crazy!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:33 PM   #3

thanks for the comment
i have cut down my forget list as my tripod is broken and i rarely wear sunscreen and have a half a dozen cards lol

what really annoyed me was that i parked outside Fremantle and walked in (parking and the street layout is a pain) and my idea was after seeing the buskers I would take photos of Fremantle on my way back to the car. It was a long, hot walk back with a heavy backpack looking at things and thinking "that would of been a good photo"
live and learn (well, maybe learn)