Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 3, 2010, 5:50 PM   #11

I really like 2,3 and 7. I always enjoy visiting all the canals when I visit amsterdam. Thanks for bring back some memories.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:39 PM   #12

A lovely series! Your HDR is very nice, the whole series is. I couldn't manage anything decent with the HDR mode in CS4, so one that can give you nice results like that would be very welcome. I wasn't planning on upgrading this time (I usually skip a generation or two), but that alone would be hard to resist. Maybe I'll have to look closer at it (sigh!).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 2:30 AM   #13

@jelpee

thanks for the great comments.

@Simon

thanks Simon

@Hards80

Thanks for commenting

@a200user

Thanks Jim, got the the same problem already had to buy a bigger bucket.

@shoturtle

Thanks for the great comment.
Old May 4, 2010, 2:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
A lovely series! Your HDR is very nice, the whole series is. I couldn't manage anything decent with the HDR mode in CS4, so one that can give you nice results like that would be very welcome. I wasn't planning on upgrading this time (I usually skip a generation or two), but that alone would be hard to resist. Maybe I'll have to look closer at it (sigh!).
Thanks Harriet,

Not to make publicity for the cs5, but I found the HDR for the first time working in a way so that I can use it.
The other two new things that I rather enjoy are
  • content aware fill - just select something and it will do a descent fill without having to do the cloning yourself. It works best with sky, grass, water but worth checking it out.
  • an upgrade of the sharpening tool, that now sharpens without destroying the image.

Haven't tried the new edge selection but it looks promising, don't know what to make of the lens correction filter yet.

For the Mac it's now also available in a 64bit version and if that makes the same impact as it did with the 64bit for windows (a lot faster) that alone might be a reason to upgrade.(only be careful with the 64bit the 32bit plugins didn't work anymore under windows)

My only problem is that my Boss hasn't responded to my request for an upgrade but give me two weeks .

cheers

Ronny
Old May 4, 2010, 7:07 AM   #15

Ronny - Some fine & varied photos - thanks for sharing a great "taste" of your trip. I really like your use of angles and lines in these!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 9:49 AM   #16

Thanks for the fine travel series Ronny!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 9:20 PM   #17

Thanks for the info - I'll have to research it more. I'm actually pretty happy with CS4, but know what you mean about the sharpening. I ended up buying Topaz Labs Detail and use it often for sharpening. It does have some drawbacks and things to watch out for, but it works pretty well for many pictures. I'd be interested in the edge selection - that's one thing I often hate, trying to get a good selection. That and the HDR, though I do have Photomatix. But it has its limitations, too - would be nice to avoid ghosting.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote