Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 10, 2010, 10:14 AM   #21

They will do it for you...but sorry you have to pay to do it. Who did you buy your's from? I bought mine fro B&H Photo Video and am sending a email to complain about it. Also going to try FotoDiox to get a pro quality adapter to try out.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:34 AM   #22

Just ordered this from Fotodiox.com. I'll let you know how well it works.

http://www.fotodiox.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=131
Old May 10, 2010, 10:54 AM   #23

Excellent, yep I got mine from B&H too. I think I will mimic u and complain as well. Maybe at least down the road they'll stop carrying this so other poor souls won't have the trouble you and I did.

So im assuming you got yours off eventually? If so, what god did you pray to?
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 11:43 PM   #24

Haven't tried to get it off yet. I'll take it to work on Tuesday and exorcise...uh I mean remove it there.

I ordered another new Pentax one to compare them as my Pentax one has the springs removed. Got it here.....http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-30120-M.../ref=pd_cp_p_1

Last edited by bigdawg; May 11, 2010 at 12:13 AM.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 3:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRecording View Post
Excellent, yep I got mine from B&H too. I think I will mimic u and complain as well. Maybe at least down the road they'll stop carrying this so other poor souls won't have the trouble you and I did.

So im assuming you got yours off eventually? If so, what god did you pray to?
Hi,
You'll find it easier to remove, if you take the lens mounting ring off the camera (just 5 screws), but do be careful underneath is a springy contact ring that is a ground connection to the camera frame, if you break the connection it would be difficult to reconnect.
Personally I use the adaptor manufactured by Kood, they're good quality, and the mounting/ dismounting tool that comes with it is pretty strong compared with others I've seen. I've had no problem at all with that one. ... Jack.

Edit. ... I also have one of the flange type adaptors that loses infinity focus, they're much easier to mount/dismount, I use it mainly with close-ups and near macro shots where infinity focus doesn't matter.

Last edited by jachol; May 11, 2010 at 3:27 AM. Reason: Add info
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 10:11 AM   #26

I have one of the flanged ones as well..works great for mid range to close ups when you do not want to mount the other one. I still believe some smart design engineer could do a better job than has been done so far by most manufacturers. Looking into the Kood one.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:57 AM   #27

NMR - check out this link, they describe how to get the adaptor off as a last resort !

Also talk of other adaptors ... everyone agrees the Bower one is a piece of c#[email protected]

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00I5oY
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 1:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
I have one of the flanged ones as well..works great for mid range to close ups when you do not want to mount the other one. I still believe some smart design engineer could do a better job than has been done so far by most manufacturers. Looking into the Kood one.
Hi Ed,
They seem almost identical to the Pentax ones I've seen, but not quite as expensive, I think they're pretty good, and the tool is more robust than many I've seen.
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 1:47 PM   #29

Jachol - that link I sent (or maybe another one, I'm not sure now, try Googling Kood M42 - PK Adaptor) had a guy who had an identical problem with a Kood. The spring came off inside or something like that. I guess every make has a percentage of faulty products though.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 8:56 PM   #30

ive already seen that link over 20 times. No advice anyone had to offer so far has made any difference. thats why its already on the truck to Pentax. Im too sick of trying, half these people just got lucky in their 'process' from what I have researched. The advice to remove the lens mount sounds practical but I've also had enough with this and dont want to screw things up further.
thanks anyways

that kood scares me, as it looks exactly like the Bower. It even has the same tool.

I think ill play it safe and get the Pentax. Atleast if it screws up I can say Ive tried their matching brand, although i dont plan on getting one stuck on again

Last edited by NMRecording; May 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote